Eklund on Pominville negotiations...

LabattBlue

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id...mp;blogger_id=1

Talking to a source today, I can confirm without a shadow of a doubt that the Sabres are NOT on the verge of signing Jason Pominville as has been reported...Negotiations are ongoing, but I wouldn't classify them as "good."

As a source stated, "When they (the negotiations) are done they are good. Before that you never know."

I do believe the Sabres need to get Jason under contract long term and make the guy captain. For Captain of Buffalo I would name either Jason or Gaustad.

PS Interesting tidbit just below the Pominville section on Gelinas. I agree with Ek on this 100% and have wanted Gelinas in a Sabre uniform for at least a couple of years now.

Good, if he thinks it's going badly, then the deal is probably being signed as we speak. :thumbsup:

As a source stated, "When they (the negotiations) are done they are good. Before that you never know."

Assuming this was actually said by somebody, that sounds like a pretty standard response during negotiations. You don't want to say it's going really well, because you give up leverage. You say "we're talking, but until we've signed something, you never know."

Just another alarmist post from the king of false alarms.

Ok, so I'm sure I haven't read as much as many of you, but where have there been reports that he's on the verge of signing? The only thing I've ever seen is that the talks are ongoing. That hardly means the deal is almost done.

Oh, and that captain comment completely ignores Roy, which makes it useless to me.

Ok, so I'm sure I haven't read as much as many of you, but where have there been reports that he's on the verge of signing? The only thing I've ever seen is that the talks are ongoing. That hardly means the deal is almost done.

Oh, and that captain comment completely ignores Roy, which makes it useless to me.

Given my history with guarantees and such, take it for what it is worth, but I guarantee that Pominville signs before next Friday if not sooner and I am still pretty sure that Max is gone before the start of the season.

Given my history with guarantees and such, take it for what it is worth, but I guarantee that Pominville signs before next Friday if not sooner and I am still pretty sure that Max is gone before the start of the season.

I predict that I will post again before next friday.

Archived