St. Louis gives Bernier an offer sheet!

outlaw16511

Do I think he should or do I think the market thinks he should?

I guess do you think he should. I understand salaries go up but paying a player like Bernier $2.5M when he really has not done anything even above average in this league is a bit too much.

I think he was getting at least $2 million (not from the Sabres, of course.) Big, young, guy with some skill, high draft pick and the "potential" word still attached. Everything teams with money to spend look for.

I can't disagree ... especially when Florida gave Olesz $3.125 million ...

But when I read Big, young, guy with some skill, high draft pick and the "potential" word still attached, I think "Adam Creighton" and my left eye starts twitching ...

Bernier might get 400.
I really liked what Bernier brought to the table. He has pure instinct on the ice. Just let the kid play ball.

i liked what i saw as well ... when i saw it.

i guess i understand what's being implied: the kid was constrained in/by our system. i just don't think he has the wheels and possibly the will that he'll need to be a great-to-elite top 6 forward in the league for many years to come (which is what he'd need to do to pot 400 in a career).

i guess i understand what's being implied: the kid was constrained in/by our system. i just don't think he has the wheels and possibly the will that he'll need to be a great-to-elite top 6 forward in the league for many years to come (which is what he'd need to do to pot 400 in a career).

I feel kind of the same thing, hence the Creighton reference ... but then Andreychuk definitely had no wheels and there was a time he was considered a soft underachiever ... and the dude scored 600+ goals ... so it will be interesting to see if Bernier turns out closer to Creighton or Andreychuk ...

I can't disagree ... especially when Florida gave Olesz $3.125 million ...

But when I read Big, young, guy with some skill, high draft pick and the "potential" word still attached, I think "Adam Creighton" and my left eye starts twitching ...

You know there have to be a lot of ex-players thinking to themselves - why couldn't I have been born 10 years later.

Here's an example of a guy that everyone likes ripping on. Similar to Pyatt and I think Bernier has a bit more talent. He has a decent chance at 300. Would you give a 2nd and 3rd for him? I wouldn't.

86 to go

I have a very hard time seeing Gratton play till he's 39 with his hip trouble. Assuming he continues at his ~15 goal a year pace, that's what it would take.

If Bernier has Todd Bertuzzi's career. He still doesn't sniff 300.

That's not to say he isn't going to be a good player, he'll just need a lot of things to go

right to get there and he has to beat Pommer.

Pyatt starts the season at age 27 with 81 goals.

I don't see it happening for him. 219 goals to go.

If Bernier has Todd Bertuzzi's career. He still doesn't sniff 300.

That's not to say he isn't going to be a good player, he'll just need a lot of things to go

right to get there and he has to beat Pommer.

Pyatt starts the season at age 27 with 81 goals.

I don't see it happening for him. 219 goals to go.

If Pyatt can keep the pace of his average of 19 goals per year over the last two years, it will take him 11.5 more years to reach 300 goals. I don't think there is any chance of this happening. :D

Archived