Ryan Miller on NHL network now

SwampD

I could spend days going line by line, post by post showing how you drop arguments or ignore important points but you just continue to misrepresent the facts and hang yourself as you are given more rope so that it just isn't fun anymore. Have fun in the land of luca.

Sounds like an old song from Men at work..

He Comes from the land of luca

:thumbsup:

I could spend days going line by line, post by post showing how you drop arguments or ignore important points but you just continue to misrepresent the facts and hang yourself as you are given more rope so that it just isn't fun anymore. Have fun in the land of luca.

The "Land of Luca" is a far better place to live than the delusional world you live in. The land that is ruled by the typical "fan laws" that management is evil and if news reads "from a source within the organization" it is instantly fact. I like my world where if you print it you should prove it and if a player like Ryan Miller speaks on a topic he means what he says not whatever twist you wish to apply.

The "Land of Luca" is a far better place to live than the delusional world you live in. The land that is ruled by the typical "fan laws" that management is evil and if news reads "from a source within the organization" it is instantly fact. I like my world where if you print it you should prove it and if a player like Ryan Miller speaks on a topic he means what he says not whatever twist you wish to apply.

Except that he didn't say it.

Thanks for the links everyone. I made an mp3 of the Miller interview portion of the show since the NHL network player won't let you ff or rew:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jrhvxny7zdt

Thanks for creating the mp3 Otto.

As for the rest of this thread, I'd say Miller took a slight general swipe at the media reports on the contracts, but not to the extent of saying specifically that the reports about the offers made to/by Drury and Briere were BS. I'd also say that it sounds like he's open to re-signing with the Sabres, but that they need to made a good offer and also show him that they are serious about contending for the Cup.

As for the rest of this thread, I'd say Miller took a slight general swipe at the media reports on the contracts, but not to the extent of saying specifically that the reports about the offers made to/by Drury and Briere were BS. I'd also say that it sounds like he's open to re-signing with the Sabres, but that they need to made a good offer and also show him that they are serious about contending for the Cup.

One of the things that no one else seems to want to respond to.

He did essentially say the media were wrong, but he was pretty careful not to state what they were wrong about. It sounded to me like he was taking issue with the frenzy that the media created. The implication being that the media didn't have the full story and that he then was very careful to say that only the player and the Sabres top brass knew the full and true story.

With the comment generally about management owing the fans an explanation of what is going on but the player needing to look out for himself and his family, combined with the earlier comment about the media; I took that as a swipe at both Bucky and Larry for acting like petulant 2 year olds.

So, Reader's Digest version: the players did what they needed to do for themselves, the media missed items, and the Sabres did a poor job of providing an explanation of what had happened.

I heard the same thing you did about his wanting to re-up with the Sabres. He likes it in Buffalo, says he has a good relationship with management, and wants to know that the team is serious about contending for the SC. If the Sabres get this right, and get him signed this summer, that could go a long way towards repairing damage the team's reputation has taken (rightly or wrongly) as being a team that isn't overly interested in winning. He's on the competition committee, so he does have respect within the league. If he says Buffalo is a good place to be and the Sabres are committed to winning, that will likely carry some weight.

He did essentially say the media were wrong, but he was pretty careful not to state what they were wrong about. It sounded to me like he was taking issue with the frenzy that the media created. The implication being that the media didn't have the full story and that he then was very careful to say that only the player and the Sabres top brass knew the full and true story.

With the comment generally about management owing the fans an explanation of what is going on but the player needing to look out for himself and his family, combined with the earlier comment about the media; I took that as a swipe at both Bucky and Larry for acting like petulant 2 year olds.

So, Reader's Digest version: the players did what they needed to do for themselves, the media missed items, and the Sabres did a poor job of providing an explanation of what had happened.

I heard the same thing you did about his wanting to re-up with the Sabres. He likes it in Buffalo, says he has a good relationship with management, and wants to know that the team is serious about contending for the SC. If the Sabres get this right, and get him signed this summer, that could go a long way towards repairing damage the team's reputation has taken (rightly or wrongly) as being a team that isn't overly interested in winning. He's on the competition committee, so he does have respect within the league. If he says Buffalo is a good place to be and the Sabres are committed to winning, that will likely carry some weight.

Taro, because of my respect for you, I listened to the recording again and his exact quote with regards to the offers was "whatever the media wanted to run with whether its the truth or not" and then he talked about management repsonsibility to the fans and how he didn't want his negotiations played out in the media.

I don't see were he is saying either side is wrong or is even overly critical of how anyone handled it.

I personally believe that he thinks management handled it badly, but as much as I would like to say otherwise, I don't think he comes acoss as overly critical of either side. That maybe partly due to the fact that he is close to LQ and believe it or not, him and Bucky aren't exactly enemies either.

Taro, because of my respect for you, I listened to the recording again and his exact quote with regards to the offers was "whatever the media wanted to run with whether its the truth or not" and then he talked about management repsonsibility to the fans and how he didn't want his negotiations played out in the media.

I don't see were he is saying either side is wrong or is even overly critical of how anyone handled it.

I personally believe that he thinks management handled it badly, but as much as I would like to say otherwise, I don't think he comes acoss as overly critical of either side. That maybe partly due to the fact that he is close to LQ and believe it or not, him and Bucky aren't exactly enemies either.

Tom, I think this is another one that we'll eventually have to agree to disagree on. The item you have quoted from Ryan, I am interpreting as his politely saying that the media did not get the story correct. I can't think of an occassion where I have heard someone say that someone else said something "whether its the truth or not" and implied it in a good way.

I think we do agree that Ryan intentionally didn't come off as "overly critical". Ryan strikes me as being very intelligent and from things that he said in that interview and in the past I am certain that Ryan likes Larry and probably likes Bucky as well. He also knows that as long as he's a Sabre he will have to live with both of them, the rest of the front office and team and the rest of the local media. Calling either out in an "overly critical" manner in a very public forum would not be what I'd expect an intelligent person to do, especially over an incident that is almost 1 year old.

I probably should have chosen a better word than "swipe", but I do believe that Ryan was saying that the media and the Sabres both could have (should have?) conveyed their points more accurately. That he did so in the sort of understated manner you'd expect to hear in the US Senate made it kind of refreshing.

Tom, I think this is another one that we'll eventually have to agree to disagree on. The item you have quoted from Ryan, I am interpreting as his politely saying that the media did not get the story correct. I can't think of an occassion where I have heard someone say that someone else said something "whether its the truth or not" and implied it in a good way.

I think we do agree that Ryan intentionally didn't come off as "overly critical". Ryan strikes me as being very intelligent and from things that he said in that interview and in the past I am certain that Ryan likes Larry and probably likes Bucky as well. He also knows that as long as he's a Sabre he will have to live with both of them, the rest of the front office and team and the rest of the local media. Calling either out in an "overly critical" manner in a very public forum would not be what I'd expect an intelligent person to do, especially over an incident that is almost 1 year old.

I probably should have chosen a better word than "swipe", but I do believe that Ryan was saying that the media and the Sabres both could have (should have?) conveyed their points more accurately. That he did so in the sort of understated manner you'd expect to hear in the US Senate made it kind of refreshing.

I hear what you are saying, but sometomes the simplest answer is the right answer. Maybe he was just sayng that he didn't know. Have a great day. My wife will kill me if I don't start doing some yard work.

Archived