Ryan Miller on NHL network now

SwampD

It sure seemed like he has a different take on big names leaving than we all here do(well, some of us anyway). It sounded to me like "the Two Un-named Ones" had their minds made up(although I've thought that all along). I just get the idea that he was burnt and that he will come back very strong next year. Hopefully by then all the "where are they now" threads will mercifully be over.

ROCKEM' SABRES!

It sure seemed like he has a different take on big names leaving than we all here do(well, some of us anyway). It sounded to me like "the Two Un-named Ones" had their minds made up(although I've thought that all along). I just get the idea that he was burnt and that he will come back very strong next year. Hopefully by then all the "where are they now" threads will mercifully be over.

ROCKEM' SABRES!

:w00t: :lol: Yeah, sure...

DO they have a video archive that anybody knows of that we can see it on? YouTube? IT was slow as heck and I gave up waiting. I did find archived videos from yesterday when he was at NHL Studio 11 but I guess they cut out that part? Here are the links to what I found.

NHL TV - Miller

You might have to type in Ryan Miller in the search box to pull up the vids.

ROCKEM' SABRES!

Exactly!

ROCKEM' SABRES!

So what exactly did he say? The link shows nothing.

So what exactly did he say? The link shows nothing.

You can listen to it at NHL.com. You go to Radio. It's the 12-2 hour of the April 30th broadcast.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is any way to fast forwad so you have to listen to the entire thing up to that point. I think it is about halfway through the show.

http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?catid=617

It's the one without the date that starts out with the Avery story.

You can listen to it at NHL.com. You go to Radio. It's the 12-2 hour of the April 30th broadcast.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is any way to fast forwad so you have to listen to the entire thing up to that point. I think it is about halfway through the show.

http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?catid=617

It's the one without the date that starts out with the Avery story.

This should work better:

http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?catid=617&id=17436

ROCKEM' SABRES!

Now I am ticked. How the h**l did you come to any conclusion or validation for your pre-existing opinion based on what he said about the "Two Un-named Ones." He specifically went out of his way to say nothing and take no sides. You led people to believe he said something else.

Thank you to DCSabre for providing the link.

Now I am ticked. How the h**l did you come to any conclusion or validation for your pre-existing opinion based on what he said about the "Two Un-named Ones." He specifically went out of his way to say nothing and take no sides. You led people to believe he said something else.

He said it was their decision. He also went on to dismiss the media reports of alleged contract offers. Which falls in line with many of the reasonable opinions on this board. Ryan Miller is the leader of this team and I hope his opinions reflect the majority in the room. It's much better to hear that than to hear players refer to the teams commitment to winning based on the sizes of contracts. Over the past couple of years Miller has led me to believe he has a real grasp of the situation here in Buffalo. I just hope that reflects in the negotiations. I don't think Miller would go for the cash grab like other players did.

Seems like you brought some of your own. I should have mentioned that the entire exchange was pretty short. But the fact that he did not take sides or have an opinion meant that he did not feel strongly about it either way. But he did say that they(Drury and Briere) made their choice, and then he kind of stumbled and moved on.

He said it was their decision. He also went on to dismiss the media reports of alleged contract offers. Which falls in line with many of the reasonable opinions on this board. Ryan Miller is the leader of this team and I hope his opinions reflect the majority in the room. It's much better to hear that than to hear players refer to the teams commitment to winning based on the sizes of contracts. Over the past couple of years Miller has led me to believe he has a real grasp of the situation here in Buffalo. I just hope that reflects in the negotiations. I don't think Miller would go for the cash grab like other players did.

He did not dimiss media reports. He said that nobody other then the players know what really went down with the offers. Why can't you make your case without mis-quoting Ryan?

He also said he wanted to see their plan. Your right, it won't be all about money with Ryan same way I don't beleive it was all about money with the others, but I know what works better for you there.

You also might have heard him say that the team may have an obligation to its fans to explain their decisions while the players were not under the same mandates. He also dismissed that agents did anyhting more then facillitate the deals.

Seems like you brought some of your own. I should have mentioned that the entire exchange was pretty short. But the fact that he did not take sides or have an opinion meant that he did not feel strongly about it either way. But he did say that they(Drury and Briere) made their choice, and then he kind of stumbled and moved on.

Can't respond without editorializing?

He never, ever, said anything about the players having their minsds made up about leaving which is what you implied in your original post!

He did not dismiss media reports. He said that nobody other then the players know what really went down with the offers.

If the second sentence above isn't a dismissal of media reports, what does it mean?

If the second sentence above isn't a dismissal of media reports, what does it mean?

He was non-committal. If you listen to the whole interview, he isn't saying they are right or wrong.

DeLuca implied that the media was wrong, Miller just said no one knows other then the players. For all we know, the players fed the media stories.

You can read whatever you want into his statements but to imply that he is validating managements story with how these negotiations failed is a mis-representation of his words.

He was non-committal. If you listen to the whole interview, he isn't saying they are right or wrong.

DeLuca implied that the media was wrong, Miller just said no one knows other then the players. For all we know, the players fed the media stories.

You can read whatever you want into his statements but to imply that he is validating managements story with how these negotiations failed is a mis-representation of his words.

I wasn't implying anything. All I said was that Ryan basically said "What happened is what happened." He wasn't passing judgement on either side. What I feel happened is that Drury and Briere had made up there minds that they were leaving so they left. That's all. I don't hold it against them. I don't hold it against the FO. It's just what happened.

Also, the negotiations only appeared to fail if you are in the Sabre's camp and wanted to keep these two. I think the Drury and Briere camps would say the negotiations went swimmingly.

I wasn't implying anything. All I said was that Ryan basically said "What happened is what happened." He wasn't passing judgement on either side. What I feel happened is that Drury and Briere had made up there minds that they were leaving so they left. That's all. I don't hold it against them. I don't hold it against the FO. It's just what happened.

Also, the negotiations only appeared to fail if you are in the Sabre's camp and wanted to keep these two. I think the Drury and Briere camps would say the negotiations went swimmingly.

If that's what you said in the first place, I would have just chalked you up to having an opinion I believe is contrary to the truth and left it that.

What you implied in the beginning is that Miller said that, which he not only didn't say, he didn't even imply.

I didn't imply or misrepresent anything. From what I heard Miller say it sounded like he felt that media reports were erroneous and without merit. Only the team and player know if the reports are right or wrong. My contention all along regarding the media reports has been the lack of even the slightest bit of evidence to back up any of the reports. If Bucky Gleason wasn't just another lazy reporter he would have secured some physical evidence like an email or fax before he rushed to get his allegations into the Buffalo News. I know it's sports and there is no burden off proof since no crime has been committed. Ethics and pride in his work should have prevented much of what Gleason has wrote from being printed. His articles since last summer have been bush league and doesn't reflect well on the Buffalo News and area sports reporting as a whole.

I didn't imply or misrepresent anything. From what I heard Miller say it sounded like he felt that media reports were erroneous and without merit. Only the team and player know if the reports are right or wrong. My contention all along regarding the media reports has been the lack of even the slightest bit of evidence to back up any of the reports. If Bucky Gleason wasn't just another lazy reporter he would have secured some physical evidence like an email or fax before he rushed to get his allegations into the Buffalo News. I know it's sports and there is no burden off proof since no crime has been committed. Ethics and pride in his work should have prevented much of what Gleason has wrote from being printed. His articles since last summer have been bush league and doesn't reflect well on the Buffalo News and area sports reporting as a whole.

He most certainly did not say that at all and if you had the ethics that you seem to think everyone is lacking you would not even hint that he said any such thing.

Also, in order for any writer to have those things you require, someone else's ethics would have to be lacking. Furthermore, no one at the Sabres' has ever definitively stated that those offers didn't exist. Even the sainted TG used words like "I find it hard to believe." He stated definitely that no deal was struck, but couldn't definitively state that the players didn't offer those deals. Shouldn't he have been able to state that as fact?

Finally, burden of proof is only required when a writer is accused of lying or complete fabrication. We are still waiting for the Sabres to sue but instead they choose to go run and hide from the paper except when they want some story of fiscal crisis to come out!

EDIT: One other point, the whole point that Miller was making was that only CD and DB knew for sure what went on so therefore even he did not know which would make it impossible for him to even know the basis for the media reports

He most certainly did not say that at all and if you had the ethics that you seem to think everyone is lacking you would not even hint that he said any such thing.

Also, in order for any writer to have those things you require, someone else's ethics would have to be lacking. Furthermore, no one at the Sabres' has ever definitively stated that those offers didn't exist. Even the sainted TG used words like "I find it hard to believe." He stated definitely that no deal was struck, but couldn't definitively state that the players didn't offer those deals. Shouldn't he have been able to state that as fact?

Finally, burden of proof is only required when a writer is accused of lying or complete fabrication. We are still waiting for the Sabres to sue but instead they choose to go run and hide from the paper except when they want some story of fiscal crisis to come out!

EDIT: One other point, the whole point that Miller was making was that only CD and DB knew for sure what went on so therefore even he did not know which would make it impossible for him to even know the basis for the media reports

TG has the final say, I doubt he is in on the daily negotiations.

"burden of proof is only required when a writer is accused of lying or complete fabrication" That may be the legalities of the situation. That aside, I still believe if you are printing allegations you need to provide proof before I would ever give them any consideration.

" in order for any writer to have those things you require, someone else's ethics would have to be lacking." So ,what you are saying is that the person who would provide a fax or email would be not trustworthy or unethical? Yet, if that same person were to provide the same information without proof they are some how credible?

TG has the final say, I doubt he is in on the daily negotiations.

"burden of proof is only required when a writer is accused of lying or complete fabrication" That may be the legalities of the situation. That aside, I still believe if you are printing allegations you need to provide proof before I would ever give them any consideration.

" in order for any writer to have those things you require, someone else's ethics would have to be lacking." So ,what you are saying is that the person who would provide a fax or email would be not trustworthy or unethical? Yet, if that same person were to provide the same information without proof they are some how credible?

I love how when you are cornered, or a point comes up that you have no answer for, you change what the argument is about.

Anyway, providing copies of confidential correspondence between two parties is different then telling a writer that you thought you had a deal.

I love how when you are cornered, or a point comes up that you have no answer for, you change what the argument is about.

Anyway, providing copies of confidential correspondence between two parties is different then telling a writer that you thought you had a deal.

And what corner would I be in? If you're talking about what Miller said it was pretty straight forward. CD and BR made their decisions to leave and news reports about offers are not to be taken seriously. I already addressed that.

And what corner would I be in? If you're talking about what Miller said it was pretty straight forward. CD and BR made their decisions to leave and news reports about offers are not to be taken seriously. I already addressed that.

I could spend days going line by line, post by post showing how you drop arguments or ignore important points but you just continue to misrepresent the facts and hang yourself as you are given more rope so that it just isn't fun anymore. Have fun in the land of luca.

Archived