Stanley Cup Playoffs Game Discussion Thread

Bmwolf21

Just switched over to the game - was watching the Tribe-Yanks game and the Cavs-Wizards Game 4 and spent some time over on TSW watching the board meltdown over the Bills' late-round picks - almost as entertaining as watching any sports on TV right now.

Looks like some good, tight, intense playoff hockey so far...I agree with wjag, man I miss the Sabres being in the playoffs....:(

Just switched over to the game - was watching the Tribe-Yanks game and the Cavs-Wizards Game 4 and spent some time over on TSW watching the board meltdown over the Bills' late-round picks - almost as entertaining as watching any sports on TV right now.

Looks like some good, tight, intense playoff hockey so far...I agree with wjag, man I miss the Sabres being in the playoffs....:(

LOL, had to chuckle over that myself.

LOL, had to chuckle over that myself.

There seem to be four schools of thought:

--this guy sucks, why didn't we pick so-and-so who was still available

--this guy is pretty good, I like the pick

--this guy could be a steal, I'll trust the FO for now and see what happens

--We're DOOOOOOOOMED!

Oh, and LSI/Onenonta Bills Fan calling everyone drafted after the second round a great special teams pickup. :thumbsup:

There seem to be four schools of thought:

--this guy sucks, why didn't we pick so-and-so who was still available

--this guy is pretty good, I like the pick

--this guy could be a steal, I'll trust the FO for now and see what happens

--We're DOOOOOOOOMED!

Oh, and LSI/Onenonta Bills Fan calling everyone drafted after the second round a great special teams pickup. :thumbsup:

I checked in to see who we got and all, but I'm not going to even pretend to know if the player is good or not. Those people over there see a highlight, read a mEl Kipper blurb or two and think they know who the next Hall of Fame player will be. And it went on all weekend! I kept checking in to have a laugh....ya, but we did improve the special teams, lol! :D

Wow, the Vs. guys were really tearing into Campbell after the second and again after the game. They showed a couple examples where he was "late to the party" on goals and said "if he can't start producing offensively, then get him on the bench where he belongs."

Wow, the Vs. guys were really tearing into Campbell after the second and again after the game. They showed a couple examples where he was "late to the party" on goals and said "if he can't start producing offensively, then get him on the bench where he belongs."

Tell the Vs. talking heads to get off my bandwagon. Campbell's agent needs to remind him that this is his time to shine, causing the FA offers to skyrocket. If they get bounced by Dallas(which they are well on their way), San Jose will quickly realize that you don't pay 6-7 mil a year for a player like Campbell. :)

What an outstanding hockey game... NY got robbed on an early whistle that wiped out a tying goal... Cry me a tear...

I'm really starting to think Pittsburg can win it all this year. The wildcard is their goalie Fluerry. He looked awful in game 1 but was excellent yesterday. I think Pitt matches up well with all of the remaining western teams.

You mean like over here when the Sabres lose a few in a row or don't make the playoffs. :lol:

I'm really starting to think Pittsburg can win it all this year. The wildcard is their goalie Fluerry. He looked awful in game 1 but was excellent yesterday. I think Pitt matches up well with all of the remaining western teams.

If Price can't find his glove in Montreal...it is a good bet.

Biron played what may be the best game of his career the other night.

6-0 in the playoffs so far is pretty impressive...

If NY doesn't hold serve, this series is over pretty quickly.

The more I watch the Habs play, the more I begin to think they are a one trick pony and that pony left town. I'm beginning to think the Flyers will knock them out. They are getting goals from all over their lineup. And Marty is showing that experience might just beat youth. It's not that Price has been bad as much as the Flyers are much faster than the Habs expect and they are getting some bounces. Danny's goal the other night was vintage Briere. Montreal better bring it in game three.

No surprises for me in the Dal-SJ series.

As good as Pitt has looked, Detroit looks like they have this wrapped up. The Mule has truly been a beast. Home come we can't get a player like that in Buffalo and keep him?

Archived