Stanley Cup Playoffs Game Discussion Thread

Bmwolf21

Avs open a 4-0 lead over the Wild, 12 minutes remaining in the second period....

Wild have not scored in the first two periods of any game so far and are still up 2-1 in the series. Weird.

Trailing 5-0 going into the third (what did I say about a first period 3-0 lead the other night: you can't protect it, you have to build on it.) Either the Wild will mount an insane comeback in the third or somebody will likely die on the ice. It was getting nasty in the second and it's going to get a lot worse.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am enjoying watching the Western Conference games more than the Eastern Conference. They beat the #$%@ out of each other and play hockey while doing it.

Wild have not scored in the first two periods of any game so far and are still up 2-1 in the series. Weird.

Trailing 5-0 going into the third (what did I say about a first period 3-0 lead the other night: you can't protect it, you have to build on it.) Either the Wild will mount an insane comeback in the third or somebody will likely die on the ice. It was getting nasty in the second and it's going to get a lot worse.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am enjoying watching the Western Conference games more than the Eastern Conference. They beat the #$%@ out of each other and play hockey while doing it.

I agree. Both the Flames-Sharks and the Avs-Wild series in particular have been fun series to watch. The Avs-Wild game kept getting nastier and nastier. Makes for an interesting game 5. Can't believe SJ came back in that game, I hope Calgary can pull that out.

I watched chunks of Montreal-Boston. There were so many Habs fans there that you could very clearly hear them singing their song. No matter what we think about the Leaf's invasion in Buffalo, this was every bit the equal of what happens in Buffalo.

I hope Claude Julien enjoyed the game last night. His team literally got trapped to death which had to be a very familiar feeling for him. Boston had a very difficult time gaining the zone. Boston set up a play in the final seconds with a 6 on 5 advantage. They made some great passes and had a dead on shot that Price stopped. I thought that surely had a chance to be good. Price looks better and better.

Now make my day and finish off Ottawa tonight.

I hope Claude Julien enjoyed the game last night. His team literally got trapped to death which had to be a very familiar feeling for him. Boston had a very difficult time gaining the zone. Boston set up a play in the final seconds with a 6 on 5 advantage. They made some great passes and had a dead on shot that Price stopped. I thought that surely had a chance to be good. Price looks better and better.

Now make my day and finish off Ottawa tonight.

Right on. I think credit is due to Carboneau and the team for changing their face in the midst of the series. This manuever with Price in goal could turn into stealing games in series and looking like the Devils obviously. Mixing it up.

The Wild are my unofficially adopted Western Conference team, so I'm interested to see how they snap back after being blown out last night. The bright spot for them has been Saku Koivu's brother Mikko. They call him "the franchise" because of his ability to score important goals. He's got a goal in each of the four games of this series. Lucky for them, they have the 24 year old locked up pretty cheaply for three more seasons.

I noticed this during the Wild's OT celebration and it was confirmed last night during the game - I believe Josh Harding is using a peach basket for a trapper. I haven't found a pic that does it justice, but that thing is either ridiculously frigging huge or the paint job makes it look bigger than it really is...

Actually, he looked pretty bad on both of the Flames' goals. REALLY BAD.

I didnt see any of em and was being a smartass sorry..I am sure he did his usual pass out of the zone and they scored for his plus 3 and he dodged every Flame coming at him..I watched 5 minutes of the Flyers Capitals and realized I was wasting my time so I watched my dog try and catch his tail for a hour..LOL...Amusing at least

Clowe is the only player that has been consistent for SJ this whole series. If it weren't for that kid the Sharks would be in real trouble instead of being in a tied up series. If guys like Thornton and Campbell and Cheechoo don't play their heads out of their butts they aren't going to go far.

If guys like Thornton and Campbell and Cheechoo don't play their heads out of their butts they aren't going to go far.

Yeah, somebody should remind Brian that his salary over the next 5 or 6 years could change by a million or two per year just based on his play in this series (especially, if it is their last.)

Archived