What do you think of the Buff/Roch affiliation

Claude Balls

My answer would be...

I'd love to see the Sabres/Amerk relationship continue as follows...

1.Florida out of the picture

2.Donner out of the picture

3.Golisano takes over the Amerks(This one I am a little unsure about, but it is a better option than Donner)

I agree with that one. Also, I'm still for buying that defunct team and plopping them in Rochester. As far as I know, the Amerks haven't gotten a new lease at BC Arena yet...unless I'm behind the times.

My answer would be...

I'd love to see the Sabres/Amerk relationship continue as follows...

1.Florida out of the picture

2.Donner out of the picture

3.Golisano takes over the Amerks(This one I am a little unsure about, but it is a better option than Donner)

What he said ^^.

To be honest, the proximity works for both teams, and it's really a shame that a couple giant egos and some questionable business moves have soured the relationship. As much as I rag on Donner and co. and am ready to move on if he's involved, the Sabres having a different AHL affiliate just doesn't feel right.

What he said ^^.

To be honest, the proximity works for both teams, and it's really a shame that a couple giant egos and some questionable business moves have soured the relationship. As much as I rag on Donner and co. and am ready to move on if he's involved, the Sabres having a different AHL affiliate just doesn't feel right.

Pardon my ignorance, but are the Panthers staying in Rochester as the Amerks? Thanks in advance.

I agree with that one. Also, I'm still for buying that defunct team and plopping them in Rochester. As far as I know, the Amerks haven't gotten a new lease at BC Arena yet...unless I'm behind the times.

No lease agreement yet, and that is part of the hold up with this new majority owner signing on.

I totally agree with Labatt and wish Donner would go over the High Falls without a barrell. It would have been great if Golisano bought the team outright from that slob.

No link to back it up, but I seem to remember someone inferring that Donner and the Amerks hold the rights to the Rochester market, so at the very least the AHL would have to sign off on another team invading Donner's/Amerks' territory...I don't know if the AHL is sick of Donner's crap yet, so who knows what they'd do...

No lease agreement yet, and that is part of the hold up with this new majority owner signing on.

I totally agree with Labatt and wish Donner would go over the High Falls without a barrell. It would have been great if Golisano bought the team outright from that slob.

I have this sneaking suspicion that somehow Donner is going to screw this whole thing up and lose this new majority owner. Whether it is Donner screwing it up himself, or the city telling the new guy that they don't want to deal with Donner any more - I just feel like his mere presence might ruin the best chance for that franchise to straighten things out on their own.

No link to back it up, but I seem to remember someone inferring that Donner and the Amerks hold the rights to the Rochester market, so at the very least the AHL would have to sign off on another team invading Donner's/Amerks' territory...I don't know if the AHL is sick of Donner's crap yet, so who knows what they'd do...

I have this sneaking suspicion that somehow Donner is going to screw this whole thing up and lose this new majority owner. Whether it is Donner screwing it up himself, or the city telling the new guy that they don't want to deal with Donner any more - I just feel like his mere presence might ruin the best chance for that franchise to straighten things out on their own.

This just in. Duffy and the city have told Donner to sell the team and be out of the picture completely, or he will get no new lease at the BC Arena. Of course fatass says he has no intention of selling his part of the team. He is such a douchebag and doesn't realize that no one in Rochester wants him to have anything left to do with the Amerks. Just sell the team and be gone. He says "my intention is to be playing at the BC Arena next year with a new lease". What an a-hole.

The downside to all of this is that there may not be hockey in Rochester next year because of his stupidity. Man does he need to be shot, more than once too, because one bullet won't have any effect on that overgrown bloke.

Honestly, it was quaint but I don't really care. It's not like Glens Falls is a million miles away. Plus I think this is going to work out in the not too distant future with Buffalo back in Rochester just not dealing with Donner.

Of course, they could plunk a team in Erie too.

There is already an ECHL team in Erie so I don't know what they would have to do to make that work.

This just in. Duffy and the city have told Donner to sell the team and be out of the picture completely, or he will get no new lease at the BC Arena. Of course fatass says he has no intention of selling his part of the team. He is such a douchebag and doesn't realize that no one in Rochester wants him to have anything left to do with the Amerks. Just sell the team and be gone. He says "my intention is to be playing at the BC Arena next year with a new lease". What an a-hole.

The downside to all of this is that there may not be hockey in Rochester next year because of his stupidity. Man does he need to be shot, more than once too, because one bullet won't have any effect on that overgrown bloke.

Thanks for the update. I really hope he doesn't screw the city of Rochester out of hockey next season, but you never know, it seems like his ego is out of control.

Honestly, it was quaint but I don't really care. It's not like Glens Falls is a million miles away. Plus I think this is going to work out in the not too distant future with Buffalo back in Rochester just not dealing with Donner.

Of course, they could plunk a team in Erie too.

Is Glens Falls even an option? I mean the city has a population of like 15,000 and all of Warren County is 63,000. I also thought someone posted that the Civic Center arena isn't good enough to handle AHL-level hockey.

There is already an ECHL team in Erie so I don't know what they would have to do to make that work.

OHL, not ECHL - the Erie Otters, formerly the Niagara Falls (Ont.) Thunder.

Is Glens Falls even an option? I mean the city has a population of like 15,000 and all of Warren County is 63,000. I also thought someone posted that the Civic Center arena isn't good enough to handle AHL-level hockey.

Remeber when Barry Melrose coached the Adirondack Red Wings. That was there home and it was a horrible place to play hockey. Not very big crowds either.

OHL, not ECHL - the Erie Otters, formerly the Niagara Falls (Ont.) Thunder.

Thanks, for clearing that up. I probably should have just gone with "minor league". I get all those OHL, ECHL, WMJHL, CHL, USHL all mixed up.

I hope the Sabres can keep a farm team in Rochester. It's a good system.

Besides, everything Donner has said so far has been complete BS, so I don't see the city giving him a choice in the matter of holding on to the Amerks. It sounds to me like Rochester wants him gone and the Amerks to stay, and that's how it should be.

Remeber when Barry Melrose coached the Adirondack Red Wings. That was there home and it was a horrible place to play hockey. Not very big crowds either.

Did the A-Wings just fold, or move? I was just looking at the A Red Wings' Wiki page, and it looks like that area lost their AHL team after the '99 season, and they were replaced (sort of) by the UHL's Adirondack IceHawks (1999-2004) and they turned into the UHL's Adirondack Frostbite (2004-06) who suspended operations when they couldn't reach a lease agreement with the Civic Center.

On the surface it doesn't look like Glens Falls is conducive to strong minor league hockey franchises.

Did the A-Wings just fold, or move? I was just looking at the A Red Wings' Wiki page, and it looks like that area lost their AHL team after the '99 season, and they were replaced (sort of) by the UHL's Adirondack IceHawks (1999-2004) and they turned into the UHL's Adirondack Frostbite (2004-06) who suspended operations when they couldn't reach a lease agreement with the Civic Center.

On the surface it doesn't look like Glens Falls is conducive to strong minor league hockey franchises.

It's a bad place to try to run a successful team. There's nothing there unless you travel to Albany which is 50-60 miles away.

The Adirondack franchise folded after the 99 season.

It's a bad place to try to run a successful team. There's nothing there unless you travel to Albany which is 50-60 miles away.

The Adirondack franchise folded after the 99 season.

So I'm thinking we should scratch Glens Falls off the list of potential affiliates for next season... :unsure:

The Sabres could also buy one of prefab sheet metal buildings, use fold up chairs, and charge admission at the door. You could then just find some empty field to put it one and voila, they're set to go. Get a trailer for each team to dress in and portapotties for the rest rooms.

The Sabres could also buy one of prefab sheet metal buildings, use fold up chairs, and charge admission at the door. You could then just find some empty field to put it one and voila, they're set to go. Get a trailer for each team to dress in and portapotties for the rest rooms.

Don't forget music and entertainment...

Think that guy would leave Rochester for the Sabres' new affiliate? :ph34r:

I've heard everything from: He's a millionaire :rolleyes: to he's a child molester :angry: . While I don't really know his story, whatever it is, I imagine it's somewhere in between. Leaving the lucrative Rochester Street Accordion scene would be tough though...

I've heard everything from: He's a millionaire :rolleyes: to he's a child molester :angry: . While I don't really know his story, whatever it is, I imagine it's somewhere in between. Leaving the lucrative Rochester Street Accordion scene would be tough though...

The only thing I have heard is that, accordion to him, he put his daughter through college with the money he makes "pumpin up" the crowd. "It's hockey night tonight".

Archived