Mini Teppo Update

frisky

? If the Sabres do not make the playoffs, this will be the first time in their history they do not play in Buffalo in April.

Wow... How sad is that because the last three games are on the road... Get r done BUFF! Makes me feel like bumping the "not out of it" thread!

In a world of firsts. this is one of them.

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!! The Sabres have dropped the suspension against Teppo. He might be a healthy scratch, but at least he'll get paid:

http://wgr550.com/Sabres-Drop-Suspension-on-Numminen/1925611

About $95,000 total for watching three games. Nice work if you can get it.

Edit: may be a little less because they may do it based on days, not games. So, he might get paid for 5 out 187 days of the season (nhlnumbers shows full time players as paid for 187 days, but that could be just for cap hit purposes; anyone know for sure?)

About $95,000 total for watching three games. Nice work if you can get it.

Edit: may be a little less because they may do it based on days, not games. So, he might get paid for 5 out 187 days of the season (nhlnumbers shows full time players as paid for 187 days, but that could be just for cap hit purposes; anyone know for sure?)

I seem to remember that number coming up in the trade deadline FAQ TSN posted, so I am assuming that the official NHL season is 187 days.

I seem to remember that number coming up in the trade deadline FAQ TSN posted, so I am assuming that the official NHL season is 187 days.

But I'm also pretty sure they get paid by game not days...Look at it this way, it's like a per diem to pay him his expenses for staying in town and around while he healed. I also don't know if they or Players association covered the surgery or not if they didn't I guarantee it cost more then the 3 games pay they threw at him. IMHO opinion they should have activated him sooner. They owe him to at least to cover his expenses for staying around when he could have gone back home to Finland.. Thats how you earn players respect, not this 3 games token pay...

But I'm also pretty sure they get paid by game not days...Look at it this way, it's like a per diem to pay him his expenses for staying in town and around while he healed. I also don't know if they or Players association covered the surgery or not if they didn't I guarantee it cost more then the 3 games pay they threw at him. IMHO opinion they should have activated him sooner. They owe him to at least to cover his expenses for staying around when he could have gone back home to Finland.. Thats how you earn players respect, not this 3 games token pay...

I think the NFL pays by games, but I think that the other three (NHL, NBA, MLB) get paid based on when they are on the roster by dividing the salary by number of days in the season and then multiplying that by the number of days on the roster in a given pay period.

I think the NFL pays by games, but I think that the other three (NHL, NBA, MLB) get paid based on when they are on the roster by dividing the salary by number of days in the season and then multiplying that by the number of days on the roster in a given pay period.
I don't know I guess it makes sense since season is considered 180 days , well if thats the case then it's just chump change for 7 the days of 180 day season they decided to pay him..... NICE gesture :ph34r: ...

Teppo's a great defenseman, but I'd want Kaleta to take him into the boards :ph34r: hard and see if he cries before I'd play him.

Not exactly the way I would approach it. If Teppo's career wasn't already in jeopardy, that would put the icing on the cake.

Not exactly the way I would approach it. If Teppo's career wasn't already in jeopardy, that would put the icing on the cake.

My point is, if every time he gets run into the boards (he pretty good at getting missed) you have to turn away and pray, he shouldn't be out there.

Teppo's a great defenseman, but I'd want Kaleta to take him into the boards :ph34r: hard and see if he cries before I'd play him.

:rolleyes: Your quickly becoming one of my favorite posters here. I get this line of thinking. I for one think Teppo should stay on the sidelines until they are either in the playoffs or eliminated. Won't happen, but I wish he'd reconsider. He can't possibly be in game shape. Now watch him go out and score the first goal ala Timmy last year.

Where is everyone getting this that Teppo's playing tonight? I have not seen it reported anywhere. All I know is Spacek is playing for sure, but where is it being reported that Teppo's playing? He's only been cleared to play, but whether he plays or not is up to Lindy, and I have not seen it mentioned anywhere that Teppo is playing tonight. Even if he and Spacek both play, I imagine they'd be bottom pair and get like 10 minutes with Tallydman and Sekera/Weber getting in the high 20s to maybe 30 minutes.

Archived