Teppo?

stenbaro

why all the venom towards Teppo? he's a good guy and he's technically under contract (although suspended) and I don't see what the problem with having him around or playing hurts?

is it because you just want our youngsters to get experience? is it because you don't think it's fair? I'm sure you have reasonable thoughts on the situation, just let us know what they are so we can understand your point of view.

and since the NHLPA and the NHL is in the middle of a grivence situation, i'm sure he was instructed to "join the team and do everything you can to play even if it's just one game or one shift" by the NHLPA.

Why not? A.) I actually think he's pretty good and actually can play the puck well out of the defensive zone which apparently no one else on this blue line seems to be able to do and B.) If our season is over tonight, why not let the guy collect a few game checks, which he seems like he should be entitled to get. I don't understand all of this Teppo hate. He's not the savior, but he's not a bad player and given the woes on the PP, it's something he can do well and given the woes in the defensive zone and the ridiculous turnovers in the defensive zone, having a guy who rarely makes defensive zone mistakes and makes the good, safe, clearing pass to set up the transition offense is not a bad guy to have on the team.

why all the venom towards Teppo? he's a good guy and he's technically under contract (although suspended) and I don't see what the problem with having him around or playing hurts?

is it because you just want our youngsters to get experience? is it because you don't think it's fair? I'm sure you have reasonable thoughts on the situation, just let us know what they are so we can understand your point of view.

and since the NHLPA and the NHL is in the middle of a grivence situation, i'm sure he was instructed to "join the team and do everything you can to play even if it's just one game or one shift" by the NHLPA.

I want to see the younger players learn and to give him time is a waste..It serves no purpose..Season is over and its time to prepare for the future..

I want to see the younger players learn and to give him time is a waste..It serves no purpose..Season is over and its time to prepare for the future..

The only one who would sit would be Paetsch. Not a big loss as he brings nothing and should be gone next year. Weber and Sekera would still play if Teppo suits up.

Can anyone please explain to me why Teppo is even still near this team?

I was under the impression that Teppo's presence was more about his grievance with the team. If he can show he was ready to play but yet the team still has him suspended, it may go further to supporting his case.

I was under the impression that Teppo's presence was more about his grievance with the team. If he can show he was ready to play but yet the team still has him suspended, it may go further to supporting his case.

I tend to agree with you on this.

I also tend to agree that it has to do with his grievance. Its not like the guy is hurting for money that he has to play to get a couple pay checks to pay the Bills. With 3 games remaining and the playoffs not likely to happen, theres no point in coming back to help the team.

I don't have a problem with Teppo, but I seriously think its time for him to hang up the skates. Although I wuldn't be surprised if Darcy offers him $3+ mil to come back next season.

Archived