Injury Updates 3/26

Bmwolf21

FWIW.

LINK

March 26, 2008

Update: Roy not at practice but should play

The Sabres were on the ice in HSBC Arena today -- minus Derek Roy, who suffered what Lindy Ruff termed a charley horse late in the third period of Tuesday's meltdown against Ottawa. Roy skated briefly on his own in sweats before the full team came out, and that didn't seem to bode well for his chances to play in the rematch tomorrow in Ottawa.

But both Roy and Ruff said after practice they expect the center to try to play in the game.

"It's better than expected," Ruff said. "I would anticipate him playing tomorrow which is good news."

Dmitri Kalinin and Jaroslav Spacek practiced in full equipment prior to the team's workout as well. But no practice with the team almost certainly means no game for them either.

---Mike Harrington

Does it matter who plays at this point? I've written them off and I am questioning whether or not I want to invest my time and emotions in this team in the future.

Wow, Ink, could you hold off from posting until you decide that you do? Times are bad, but that kind of post doesn't help, especially in such a benign thread. I normally welcome your contributions, but I didn't need to read that here; there are enough designated threads for negativity.

Wow, Ink, could you hold off from posting until you decide that you do? Times are bad, but that kind of post doesn't help, especially in such a benign thread. I normally welcome your contributions, but I didn't need to read that here; there are enough designated threads for negativity.

I'm trying to be as objective as I can. I am willing to put forth the same effort that the Sabres have this season/off season. If a satisfactory off season is had then perhaps I'll come around but I've stuck by this franchise through all the BS and it's brought me nothing but heartache and frustration.

I'm trying to be as objective as I can. I am willing to put forth the same effort that the Sabres have this season/off season. If a satisfactory off season is had then perhaps I'll come around but I've stuck by this franchise through all the BS and it's brought me nothing but heartache and frustration.

Understandable. It was mostly the choice of an otherwise passive thread that struck me wrong.

Guest Sloth

I agree w/ you on all of the heartache and frustation the Sabres have put a lot of us through. I swear they're on the verge of causing a number of us to be bi-polar. My wife used to like watching games w/ me, but now she hates hockey. She says I'm too obsessed and she hates the mood swings I have DURING A GAME. This season has been nothing but ups and downs. To bad it had to finish on a downer.

Let's see if Miller and Pominville are resigned this summer and if a couple of free agents are brought in.

That'll show where this franchise is headed... :unsure:

Does it matter who plays at this point? I've written them off and I am questioning whether or not I want to invest my time and emotions in this team in the future.

fair weather fans...only fans in the good times...

everyone is a fan of winning. are you a sabres fan?

$hit happens in hockey as in life. the last game had me more pissed off than i've been about a game since the bills lost to Tennessee in the 99 playoffs.

but they're still my team, and always will be.

go ahead, jump off the bandwagon. just don't jump back on when they find themselves in another ECF.

Yes it is tough being invested in a team and going through the frustrations associated with watching we have had to watch...

However your being here is more than that. It is a community social event and I know I look forward to reading your posts that have made :lol: more times than I can remember as well as your profound 'ism's ... So give up on the team if you must but don't give up on the community ;)

First, I always will be a fan of the Bills and Sabres as long as they play in Buffalo.

Second, and more along the lines of this thread, the charlie horse to Roy is an example of one of the problems with this team. That seemed like an awefully low shot that could have been seen as an intent to injure. Or at least, that is the way SOMEONE should have taken it. There was a day when Rob Ray would have lost his mind on something like that. Lindy Ruff would have jumped over the glass to get at that weasle of a coach for Ottawa.

Where's the f ing ANGER?! This isn't the Delta house I remember! Oh, Bluto, we're too scared! Was it over when the German's Bombed Pearl Harbor??

I joke, but I'm serious, I think that "check" was taken WAY too lightly. The game was slipping away, someone took a run at your star...someone's got to pay for that sh!t.

$hit happens in hockey as in life. the last game had me more pissed off than i've been about a game since the bills lost to Tennessee in the 99 playoffs.

go ahead, jump off the bandwagon. just don't jump back on when they find themselves in another ECF.

I actually hated the pussified team that finessed their way through the playoffs the last two seasons. I was more a fan of the Ray/May/Barnaby years than anything this current brand of softies has to offer. I'd take a team that gave a good honest effort every night, had to work for everything they got and missed the playoffs. At least that would be a team I could respect. This team garners no respect from opposing players or fans.

The face of the franchise is Thomas Vanek. While think it was a move they had to do, signing him infected this team like a cancer. He doesn't inspire others or even make anyone else around him better. His motions on the ice are uninspiring as he labors back to the bench making his whiney face every time.

The franchise is about to saddle itself with a completely flawed goalie who won't be worth the deal they give him and lead this team to mediocrity for the next half decade.

I like 4 things about this team. Pominville, Roy, Kaleta and Weber. The rest of the bunch are somewhere between also rans and never weres.

So you're saying that the Dallas MNF game didn't piss you off? Are you really a fan?

Archived