If the Cap Is 56 Mill Next year

stenbaro

Would it surprise you to know that Buffalo hovers near the middle in total revenues? People can say that the CBA is a joke or they can acknowledge that there is more revenue in the game than ever due to a myriad of factors including the Canadian dollar and the explosion of non-traditional sources such as the internet and overseas money.

Another factor is that the players % goes up when league revenues pass certain thresholds. In other words they got 54% when hockey related revenue hit $1.8 billion but will get 57% if it hits $2.7 billion. So a $900,000 million increase in total league revenue would result in almost a $20 million cap increase for each team.

Didn't know that. I think the transparency that the last CBA brought into the equation sure does make it interesting being able to see these kinds of stats. I still am curious what are all the angles they may still have to hide revenue besides team souvenier sales (i.e marketing on the side boards, local tv, etc...)

Didn't know that. I think the transparency that the last CBA brought into the equation sure does make it interesting being able to see these kinds of stats. I still am curious what are all the angles they may still have to hide revenue besides team souvenier sales (i.e marketing on the side boards, local tv, etc...)

Teams that control their own arenas have more ways to hide revenues. Chicago, for example, with both the Bulls and the Hawks controlling suite revenue, has always been accised of hinding revenues. There are severe penalties under this agreement for blatant hiding of revenues. The CBA clearly spells out things about dasherboard revenue and the things like that.

Would it surprise you to know that Buffalo hovers near the middle in total revenues? People can say that the CBA is a joke or they can acknowledge that there is more revenue in the game than ever due to a myriad of factors including the Canadian dollar and the explosion of non-traditional sources such as the internet and overseas money.

Another factor is that the players % goes up when league revenues pass certain thresholds. In other words they got 54% when hockey related revenue hit $1.8 billion but will get 57% if it hits $2.7 billion. So a $900,000 million increase in total league revenue would result in almost a $20 million cap increase for each team.

Do they keep two sets of books and straddle the Canadian and US laws like they used to in the old days?

<_< <_<

Do they keep two sets of books and straddle the Canadian and US laws like they used to in the old days?

<_< <_<

I think what we are seeing is that a lot of that hidden revenue isn't so hidden anymore and the leagueis in a little quandry, they don't want their teams crying poverty, their books are open to the players and they are having to deal with what they have sown.

It would surprise me if you had a link that proved the Sabres are middle of the pack in total revenue.

It would surprise me if you had a link that proved the Sabres are middle of the pack in total revenue.

Not sure if I am doing this right, but here it goes. This is the latest Forbes list. As you can see , according to this list they are 17th out of 30. In my book, this qualifies as near middle of the pack.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2007/31/biz_07...ns_Revenue.html

When the salary cap was first established, the Sabres should have tied ticket prices to the cap to come out at a break even point. If the cap goes up 9 percent, ticket prices go up 9 percent. If the cap is lowered, prices go down. By doing this, ticket price increases would be easier to stomach and it would allow us to spend to the cap each and every year without Tom crying about losing a few dollars.

Its a joke..Get rid of the cap..Let the "Big Market teams" sign who they want, they do anyways..Up the age back to 30 for UFA status and move on....

This should happen or at least go up a year or two. We've got guys now that you are almost forced to bring up because they're getting too old (23,24). You bring them up for a year and then expect to get paid the UFA big bucks when you haven't seen them perform in more than one or two seasons at the NHL level?

PS welcome back salsa man.

Archived