A casual pens/canes fan perspective on Lindy

Corp000085

So, tonight i went over to my friend's house to fix their computer. He's a die hard canes fan, she's a pittsburgh fan from birth, but now sorta runs with the canes. That's neither here nor there. I was rummaging through my computer and found the drury who else clip and played it. She stated that she hated "the buffalo coach, you know, the bald guy that's always mean". I asked why she hated him and she said its cause he always looks mean and pissed off. I just fuond that to be interesting, because us fans know lindy as intense and passionate for the sabres and his players. I've never once thought he was mean. I then proceded to state that i hated peter laviolette. When she asked me why, i said cause he looks like a douche.

So, tonight i went over to my friend's house to fix their computer. He's a die hard canes fan, she's a pittsburgh fan from birth, but now sorta runs with the canes. That's neither here nor there. I was rummaging through my computer and found the drury who else clip and played it. She stated that she hated "the buffalo coach, you know, the bald guy that's always mean". I asked why she hated him and she said its cause he always looks mean and pissed off. I just fuond that to be interesting, because us fans know lindy as intense and passionate for the sabres and his players. I've never once thought he was mean. I then proceded to state that i hated peter laviolette. When she asked me why, i said cause he looks like a douche.

Funny. I don't like Peter LaPurple either, for precisely the same reason. It's his doucheness. There's a smugness about him that I don't like. I can see that guy adoring himself in front of a mirror for a douche amount of time.

Now RE: Lindy...I love the guy. And the success we've had with Amerks over the past couple years has MUCH to do with him - his coaching and his *strategic vision* and foresight about his players. I was bummed we only locked him up for 3 years - I was hoping we'd give him an "In Perpetuity" contract.

Lindy is known as one of the biggest practical jokers in the league.

Funny. I don't like Peter LaPurple either, for precisely the same reason. It's his doucheness. There's a smugness about him that I don't like. I can see that guy adoring himself in front of a mirror for a douche amount of time.

Now RE: Lindy...I love the guy. And the success we've had with Amerks over the past couple years has MUCH to do with him - his coaching and his *strategic vision* and foresight about his players. I was bummed we only locked him up for 3 years - I was hoping we'd give him an "In Perpetuity" contract.

Probably really need to hear and see the coaches in the post game answer tough questions and handle reporters before you can really say he's this or that. The Playoff series with canes told me all I need to know about that POS LavaLight. He was such a whiner and didn';t have any fun with it like Lindy did/does. Takes himself way to seriously..

:thumbsup:

I have thought for long stretches of this season Lindy has looked disinterested and resigned... He isn't nearly as animated as he has been in the past.

I just think he has been trying to be patient with a young team. We may hate to hear that, but it's true, they are young and he can't hammer at them like he would a team with 10 or 12 guys over 30. I mean, can you look at the Kalinin incident last week (or 2 weeks ago, time flies) and tell me that is a coach who is disinterested? This is a player he has tried just about everything with to get through to him, the kid is an unrestricted free agent in a few months ... why get in his face and try to make him better if you are disinterested and resigned to a doomed season?

Say what you want about the guy, he's not the perfect coach. But to essentially question his effort ... I can't ever do that with Lindy Ruff. If there is anybody left in that organization who truly bleeds blue and gold, it's him. Doesn't mean he is always right, but don't tell me he's not trying.

I hated Ron Wilson more when he was with the Caps..

I think she's been brainwashed by Rod Brind'Amour. Again, need I remind anyone of his comments immediately after they won the ECF, while still on the ice..."they've got a great team over there, it's just a shame that their coach has to open his mouth all the time, it takes away from them".

And your response about why you should hate Laviolette is dead-on accurate.

Archived