American Idol

PTS

I'm a huge freaking fan. This season seems to have a lot good talent, nice looking girls and of course Taylor Hicks ... the gray haired dude.

He's by far my favorite. If I'm a blues producer, I'd be signing his ass up as soon as he's off the show.

The first season was good, the 2nd and 3rd sucked, last season was good and I think this season should be solid as well.

p.s. I'm not gay ... not that there is anything wrong with that. :P

Hi, my name is Mark. I'm also an American Idolaholic. For me, it's all about Simon. It feels really good to finally say this. Thank you, PTS, for starting this thread.

Oh I agree, Simon is definitely the reason to watch especially during the city auditions. The man does not hold back.

As for Taylor Hicks ... here are three songs off his solo CD ?Under The Radar? ?

Hell of a Day

Heart & Soul

Soul Thing

The man is good.

I missed some of the early performances tonight, but of the ones I saw, two stood out. Lisa Tucker knocked my socks off. What a performance for a 16-year-old. Actually, as Paula said, age doesn't matter. You either have it or you don't. And she had it. Katharine McPhee had it, too. Ahem. She was great, but it was hard to concentrate on her singing when the camera panned her and her tight jeans. During the post-song interview with Ryan Seacrest, she caught herself on camera and exclaimed that her butt looked so big, or something to that effect. That ain't no big ass, sister! How damn cute was she?

I missed some of the early performances tonight, but of the ones I saw, two stood out. Lisa Tucker knocked my socks off. What a performance for a 16-year-old. Actually, as Paula said, age doesn't matter. You either have it or you don't. And she had it. Katharine McPhee had it, too. Ahem. She was great, but it was hard to concentrate on her singing when the camera panned her and her tight jeans. During the post-song interview with Ryan Seacrest, she caught herself on camera and exclaimed that her butt looked so big, or something to that effect. That ain't no big ass, sister! How damn cute was she?

How light are those loafers Marko?

First let me say I never will watch this show.

My girlfriend who goes to school for singing watched the show a few times each season and calls it crap. Its sad that when a music VOCIE major cause that show crap because these people make millions when she and other struggle to make it in life.

PTS has good taste. Taylor Hicks was great. Refreshing. I also really liked that kid David Radford, who sang a "Queen" song I've always liked. Like Hicks, a breath of fresh air. Something different.

Bring it on, haters!

Oh yeah, Fushetti is the dude I lent my videotape of "Race with the Devil." When it was returned, "Four Weddings and a Funeral" was taped over it!

PTS has good taste. Taylor Hicks was great. Refreshing. I also really liked that kid David Radford, who sang a "Queen" song I've always liked. Like Hicks, a breath of fresh air. Something different.

Bring it on, haters!

Oh yeah, Fushetti is the dude I lent my videotape of "Race with the Devil." When it was returned, "Four Weddings and a Funeral" was taped over it!

Tayor Hicks is DA MAN! I liked Chris Daughtery as my second favorite tonight.

It's a same that two dudes have to get booted because the guys this season are heads and shoulders over the girls.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, PTS, but Taylor "Don't call me Pyatt" Hicks is getting on my nerves. He moves the way Elaine danced on "Seinfeld." And he seems a bit on the overconfident side. I think the bald rocker will be tough to beat. The guy with the eyes and the little fellow from Middle Earth will peter out. I should learn their names.

As for the ladies, it does seem like a weak bunch, doesn't it? But I still love Katharine McPhee!

Sorry, PTS, but Taylor "Don't call me Pyatt" Hicks is getting on my nerves. He moves the way Elaine danced on "Seinfeld." And he seems a bit on the overconfident side. I think the bald rocker will be tough to beat. The guy with the eyes and the little fellow from Middle Earth will peter out. I should learn their names.

As for the ladies, it does seem like a weak bunch, doesn't it? But I still love Katharine McPhee!

Initially I liked Hicks but his "WOOO!!!" 5 or 10 times a night gets tiring. ;)

Hicks seems to have a huge following but it's mostly women and gay men voting for this and I can't see them pushing through a near epileptic. I think some of the better singers, Eliot Yamin and Ayla Brown will be voted off before Ace Young and Kellie "Pick" Pickler. Looks matter on this show, sometimes (Fantasia, Uggh).

Ratings are enormous for this show, so the audience can't be limited to women and "gay men." So many gay references on this thread. Maybe I'm past my prime homophobic years, but can someone explain the connection between this show and homosexuality? I'm really missing it. Is a talented, good-looking guy who can sing somehow "gay"? I'm sure some of them are. Who cares?

Near-epileptic. I like that. I didn't know you could be "sort of" epileptic. :)

I only made the gay reference because I've been to the AI message boards and their are lots of gay dudes there. Anyway, who appreciates those broadway style sing alongs that they have during the resuts show. It's fabulous(in your best gay message board voice).

If you can't make the connection between a semi-artistic outlet and the gay community then you need to get your Gay-dar fixed. Besides, half the male contestants prefer the company of men. (Simpsons refenrence)

Guest Guest

So what male contestants this year are gay? And how do you know this? Wow, you must have SUPER gay-dar! I had my gay-dar fixed recently, for your information. I was up on the rack and got a good lube job. OK. Uh. Good night everyone! Drive safely!

So what male contestants this year are gay? And how do you know this? Wow, you must have SUPER gay-dar! I had my gay-dar fixed recently, for your information. I was up on the rack and got a good lube job. OK. Uh. Good night everyone! Drive safely!

Well, the Britnum twins for sure but their gone. Ace seems like he might go that way. Any of those non-descript white guys with little talent that are still left are good candidates. I can only leave Chris Daughtry and Taylor Hicks off the list for sure.

Archived