Regier: Connolly and Afinogenov due back next week

Corp000085

he said "we'd like to get them in games before the playoffs". It sounded hopeful rather than a canned response, because obvioulsy we'd like to have them back... Paul hamilton did state that macarthur and stafford would have to be sent down for them to play... however, they can be called back up for the playoffs.

Sounds nice, but I don't want to see Stafford out of the lineup.

he may be forced to be sent to rochester for the last game of the season. hopefully, the sabres can wrap this division and conference up before either of them return so we can have some freedom to move guys down and not worry too much,

On WGR during the intermission, they actually played Darcy's statement. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I heard him say that they will need to send either Stafford OR MacArthur down to Rochester. I think it will probably be MacArthur that goes down. They may have to send Stafford down if they choose to play Paille and Mair over him, but I think given how well Stafford has played, they will probably play Stafford over one of Paille or Mair. Just my opinion given what I think I heard.

On WGR during the intermission, they actually played Darcy's statement. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I heard him say that they will need to send either Stafford OR MacArthur down to Rochester. I think it will probably be MacArthur that goes down. They may have to send Stafford down if they choose to play Paille and Mair over him, but I think given how well Stafford has played, they will probably play Stafford over one of Paille or Mair. Just my opinion given what I think I heard.

He did say "or." And I don't think it's accurate to say they are "due" back.

Stafford is not going anywhere. He has been one of the top 3 players on this team in recent weeks. You never see the guy take a shift off. He is quickly becoming one of my favorite players.

It all depends on the money. Stafford's cap hit is 300k more than MacArthur. If their cap space is small enough (even for just one game), Stafford might have to spend a day in Rochester.

Archived