Sabres vs. Panthers (02/11)

The_Swannie_House

there's the monkey off the sabres back. 5-3 final score.

I wasn't overly impressed with the sabres effort. They were great in spurts, but they made some errors too. Miller was not too sharp either. if miller were biron tonight, or we gave miller the same crap we give biron, i have a feeling this board would be lit up with anti-miller comments. however, i think its a little humble pie for him going into the marquee game tomorrow. The sabres better get their rest.

Also, i'm going to cancel directv if i ever hear these fox sports florida announcers again. they completely blow.

there's the monkey off the sabres back. 5-3 final score.

I wasn't overly impressed with the sabres effort. They were great in spurts, but they made some errors too. Miller was not too sharp either. if miller were biron tonight, or we gave miller the same crap we give biron, i have a feeling this board would be lit up with anti-miller comments. however, i think its a little humble pie for him going into the marquee game tomorrow. The sabres better get their rest.

Also, i'm going to cancel directv if i ever hear these fox sports florida announcers again. they completely blow.

I agree, Miller definately wasn't at his best tonight, but I definately would rather him be a little off against Florida then tomorrow against the Canes. I think he will come up big tomorrow night. This year he has been at his best in high pressure situations, I think he will come out strong in the big game!

I think they're gonna start Biron tomorrow to showcase him and over the break come to a trade agreement.

At this point, there is no reason to play Biron ... he's going to be rusty after the break whether you play him or not now. And I can't imagine what he could do that woudl make someone all of a sudden sweeten an offer ... even a shutout ... he is a known commodity, the only thing that will force anyone's hand is the deadline and/or an injury.

At this point, there is no reason to play Biron ... he's going to be rusty after the break whether you play him or not now. And I can't imagine what he could do that woudl make someone all of a sudden sweeten an offer ... even a shutout ... he is a known commodity, the only thing that will force anyone's hand is the deadline and/or an injury.

Agreed. Tomorrow is a huge game. You gotta go with Miller.

Finally get 2 points against the Panthers, let's hope Miller is ready to go tomorrow night.

i suspect we will see biron in net tomorrow night.

good win. only 1 against FLA but its better than nothing. Sounds like Vanek had a good night. another 2 point game for pomiville. who i thought wouldnt make it to the NHL. oh dear do i feel silly. lol

Last night i thought it would be miller but ... never know ... the early start does mean it is a 3rd game in less than 4 nights for Miller .... for all we know he could be nicked or something, or just damn tired ...

I think it would have made no sense to PLAN to play Biron tonight, but if Miller needs a night off after a tough game and a late flight, we might see Marty.

You play Miller even if he's tired. You find out what the guy can do under such circumstances. You get him ready for a scenario like that in the playoffs -- it's the seventh game of the conference finals after three games in the series have gone to double overtime, and he's beat. What do you do, put in Marty? Arguably the game of the year... two and a half weeks off after this... it's Miller time!

I think we need to relax ... it's a non-division game in February, not game 7 of the conference finals. I agree you try to win the game, but we have to get rid of the mentality that no Miller=no win. They have to be able to win with Marty in there sometimes. I think Miller has proven what he can do. If you feel he is too tired or banged up or whatever to give your team the best chance to win, you play the other guy.

But again, if he is ready to go, no point playing Marty just to get him a game before the break.

IMO Pyatt has been one of our best forwards since he returned, nice to see him getting more ice time instead of being stuck on the 4th line with Peters, he's earned it. I don't remember seeing him fight before, great to see!

I know I'm in the minority but I hope Biron is in net today, a strong showing against the top team in the league can only up his value going into the break.