Sabres vs. Panthers (02/11)

The_Swannie_House

Has anyone heard if Marty or Miller will be in net tonight?

I wouldn't mind seeing Marty tonight, and playing Miller vs Carolina.

PTS, I agree, tonight's going to be a bit of a bland game. The Sabres have had an awful lot of trouble getting anything going against teams that really key on the trap.

The key to beating the trap is getting a two goal lead early on. Then Florida has to open it up and if that happens they can't keep up with us.

The key to beating the trap is getting a two goal lead early on. Then Florida has to open it up and if that happens they can't keep up with us.

Absolutely...And if we can't jump out to an early lead, take the red line, dump it in and out hustle them to the puck. I remember the last Florida game, they would try to skate it in, realize it wasn't working, and then weakly dump it in. Not going to work.

no, it wasn't seannie... i enjoyed watching the sabres work the puck and sustain offensive momentum. They had some bad passes and puckhandling in the neutral zone, specifically transitioning the puck out of the defensive end, but all in all, i'm impressed. The dumont goal was pure luck. it was cleared to the slot area, at waist height. Dumont tipped the puck down. it took a 45 degree turn to the ice and literally bounced straight up again and over louongo (sp?). If dumont had 1000 chances, he'd make it once.

The only problem i had was the one series that florida had when they hit the goalpost. Other than that, its smooth sailing for the sabres. 1-0 after 1.

no, it wasn't seannie... i enjoyed watching the sabres work the puck and sustain offensive momentum. They had some bad passes and puckhandling in the neutral zone, specifically transitioning the puck out of the defensive end, but all in all, i'm impressed. The dumont goal was pure luck. it was cleared to the slot area, at waist height. Dumont tipped the puck down. it took a 45 degree turn to the ice and literally bounced straight up again and over louongo (sp?). If dumont had 1000 chances, he'd make it once.

The only problem i had was the one series that florida had when they hit the goalpost. Other than that, its smooth sailing for the sabres. 1-0 after 1.

Someone had a bad giveaway right in front of the net too...I thought it was Lydman, but I didn't catch a number.

Overall a good period. As mentioned before the passing is still a little weak, but looks better than the last couple games.

i'm ashamed to admit that i was talking with my wife during most of the first period and only glancing at the tv... although, now she's gone upstairs to watch NBC's brilliant tape delay olympics (DIRECTV, PLEASE PICK UP CBC SO I CAN WATCH THIS STUFF LIVE??) so i can direct my entire attention to the sabres.

so you disagree with me that it was a pretty good period and then you say it was impressive and smooth sailing... what did you disagree with?

so you disagree with me that it was a pretty good period and then you say it was impressive and smooth sailing... what did you disagree with?

it wasnt as boring as everyone thought it would be.

no it wasn't seannie

sorry for the vague post man... i was agreeing with you that it was a good period. forgot to add the quotes in there!