Max Cleared to Skate

pkwwjd

Cleared to skate is a bit misleading. It's a broken wrist and he's been skating since the day he was hurt. Has he been cleared to use a stick? Has he been cleared for contact?

No, I'm quite certain I've read that he wasn't skating for whatever reason - he's been wearing a cast - maybe that was the reason:

Mar 2 Afinogenov (broken left wrist) hopes to play in "a couple games before the playoffs," he told The Buffalo News.

Recommendation: He said that his wrist is improving, but he is still wearing a cast and is only able to do leg exercises. In an absolute best-case scenario, Afinogenov might return for the final week of the regular season. It's hard to expect much production from him until the postseason.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/1906/news

perhaps he is not allowed the rapid arm movements or allowed to risk falling....

True, they may have kept him off the ice to not risk another freak injury (cause knowing their luck, it would probably happen)

I guess this could be a blessing in disguise for this team. The injuries have allowed some players time to rest up and come back in time for the playoffs. Hopefully Max is fully healed and well rested by the time the playoffs start

Skating or not, playoff-wise, its obviously about how fast a healer Max is. Also, getting flexibility back in the joint will be a real test. When Ken Griffey had a similar injury a few years back, it took him months to recover. And hockey certainly isn't baseball. We can only hope.

Max comes back in the third game of the first playoff series---gets 23 assists and no goals in the playoffs. He still needs help hoisting the Stanley Cup for his trip around HSBC arena. Goes on record that hockey players make too much money and agrees to a 10 year extension at 1 million per year. Convinces Danny and Chris to sign for the same. Vanek and Miller hold out for 1.1 million and eventually get it. Miller "lords" it over Dipietro that he has a contract for 35 years. The rest of the Sabres follow suit and sign contracts in line with "what we deserve in relation with the leaders on this team". Tom Golisano actually ends the next decade $25000 in the black and agrees to lend Lindy Ruff to the Bills. The Bills beat the Giants on a last second field goal in the next Super Bowl, say "sorry" to London Fletcher in the second year of their resurgence and kick Jerry Jones arse and Wades butt in the next 2 Super Bowls. We then decide to get serious, and I win the 350m lottery! Anybody with me?

Archived