Did Connolly Have His Leg Amputated?

CallawaySabres

I am really starting to think that it would have been wise to shelf this guy for the remainder of the year. Can you imagine the strain the Playoffs will have on his body!! I hope I am wrong but maybe they should have used HIS cap $$ to keep Biron.

Then again, Maybe it's just another blessing in disguise (like the Ottawa game) and Miller plays lights out from here on out!!!

I am really starting to think that it would have been wise to shelf this guy for the remainder of the year. Can you imagine the strain the Playoffs will have on his body!! I hope I am wrong but maybe they should have used HIS cap $$ to keep Biron.

Then again, Maybe it's just another blessing in disguise (like the Ottawa game) and Miller plays lights out from here on out!!!

no hes not Amputated but he is out for a long while!

I hope I'm wrong here, but gut instict tells me we won't see Tim the rest of the season.

Any update info please would be appreciated!

If he could just play the PP, I'd take it in a heartbeat. He was amazing last season.

I think they are just playing things close to the vest now that the NHL can't complain about stashing guys away on LTIR and loading up hte roster

exactly what i was thinking... I'm almost completely convinced he'll play this season and post season, but the time between him being declared healthy and the time he plays will be very short... like, we'll hear about it in the morning, and he'll play that night.

Connolly was 6-8 weeks from returning BEFORE he injured his leg. The 7-10 days was just tacked onto that.

I'm not sure that's entirely true. They said he could still lift weights and do swimming for cardio so he could still have been working on his conditioning during that 7-10 days, just not skating.

I'm not sure that's entirely true. They said he could still lift weights and do swimming for cardio so he could still have been working on his conditioning during that 7-10 days, just not skating.

Okay, but the origianl post was inferring that Tim would be playing in games after those 7-10 days which I am assuming you did not agree with.

According to WGR yesterday, he is still having pain in his leg. Then while he was limping around, he lost his balance and banged his head on the wall and now he has concussion symptoms again. :o :o

...okay I'm kidding about the last part, but the first part is true.

Okay, but the origianl post was inferring that Tim would be playing in games after those 7-10 days which I am assuming you did not agree with.

I definitely didn't think Tim would be playing in 7-10 days. I was just saying that the stress fracture didn't totally limit him from getting into shape which I think will be his biggest problem.

i've dealt with many stress FXs as a coach and although the first few weeks are tough, it will be healed enough to skate on soon enough. certainly long before the head/neck thing is resolved.

it's not like a cartilage tear or a traumatic tendon injury. it's just an overuse injury from skating his ass off to get back in shape after a long layoff. frankly, i've never heard of this in a hockey player but i suppose it's not too implausible.

i doubt he's in that much pain doing day-to-day stuff and i am POSITIVE he is still training very hard to regain general conditioning. it is a definite setback that he'll be off skates for that much longer, but he's able to lift, cycle etc. and do all kinds of other stuff to get in shape. it's not the disaster some here have portrayed it to be.

Archived