Conklin vs. Carolina

Two or less

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzaVX4Fo6Ag

This goal. Just for the record, i am not bashing Conklin at all, i actually like him, i was laughing about this preformance today and im in an arguement. Who's fault is it for this goal? Conklin's or Jason Smith's (the defensman on the play)...?

I said it was Conklin's, whats your guys take on this play?

I gotta feel like the d-man had a much better play to make on that puck. Tallinder almost did the same exact thing that the Oilers defender does here the other night -- luckily Ryan came flying over to make the save.

I generally hate seeing goalies play the puck for too long, but on the other hand, if they're playing scared it's already over.

That giveaway had results very similar to the one that Ryan Miller and our defenseman (forgot who) gave up late in the game last Saturday against Ottawa. Bad or unlucky bounces happen. It should not define a season or career. But $%#*&^%, why did it have to happen against that gutless team that employs a player like Chris Neal!

A little of both. Conklin probably lost confidence because the coaches didn't put him back in the rest of the series.

He stopped the puck for his d-man, an experienced captain. He saw the player charging towards him and left it to Smith to deal with. Smith muffed it. A more experienced goalie would maybe have shot it into the corner, but the decision he made was ok, it could have gone either way.

The main fault lies with Smith.

Suck it up Ty, we're gonna need you to log some minutes down the stretch.

umm that doesn't really look like conklin to me... judging by the padding... i can't make out the number but his leg pads are the TPS ones... the same as rolson wears... im pretty sure that was rolson you just saw there and not conklin... unless he borrowed his equipment or something?

It is Conklin - he apparently also used the TPS pads last year.

The clip (and photo below) are from the end of game 1 of the SCF last year, when Conklin replaced Roloson after Rolie hurt his knee: (LINK)

Conklin made three saves before mishandling the puck that led to Rod Brind'Amour's game-winning goal, his second of the game, at 19:28 of the third period. Conklin went behind his net to handle a dumped-in puck. He had defenseman Jason Smith behind him and tried to pass the puck to his defenseman. Instead, it went off Smith's stick toward the front of the right side of the Oilers' net. Brind'Amour beat Smith to the puck and had an easy tap-in for the winner.

"Ty comes in, he makes a great pad save and then he gloves one and he's got his confidence," MacTavish said. "Then, he goes back to play the puck and a little bit too much confidence in a situation where obviously you just want to get rid of it at that point around the boards. He was confident, didn't see Brind'Amour coming in the back and Brind'Amour got another one."

post-327-1172809638_thumbjpg

thanks wolf.. they look almost exactly the same... even the helmet...

Yeah I noticed that too...if you go to the story I linked, there is a pic of Roloson coming off the ice with the trainer and Conklin passing them on his way to the crease, and they look a lot alike there - equipment, mask & everything...

Archived