Kaleta Collision

Hawerchuk

They should change the sponsorship to the "Kaleta Collision". Man, that kid has been playing like a MACK Truck, ready to steamroll anyone, anywhere. He had two awesome hits last night against TORONTO and not only that, but the kid is making plays and having shots on net. WOW! He created that goal by beating the icing call which eventually led to the Sabres goal (can't remember if it was Roy or Drew) but it was a heck of a play. The kid is all energy and I think the Sabres would be wise to keep him in the lineup. Great job from Buffalo's own! :thumbsup:

I don't know anything about the sponsorship really. I was just having fun, because the last three games have all featured Kaleta nailing someone and getting the Carubba Collision hit of the game.

I see the Carubba sponsorship each game, so I don't think they gave it up.

Mair's hit on Stajan shoulda been last nights. That was a blast.

That hit was awesome!! I watched it several times to make sure who hit who. Stajan flew a long way with that one!

I thought Mair looked very good last night. He was flying all around and helping out on the back end. I like him at center, although we're pretty loaded there. That play he made on MacArthur's goal looked like he was shot out of a cannon. Great little pass there, too. Way to go, Mairsie!

Timing is everything... I've been thinking that Buffalo made the best out of a very bad situation. With Peters, Mair and Kaleta thumping guys, Buffalo has been able to show the league that they are tougher than folks thought. Add into that Campbell, Hecht, and Stafford as well and the perception is that if you pick a fight with the Sabres, they'll respond. I wonder if this would have been the case if we were playing now with the opening day roster. I think not.

No doubt in my mind the perception of the Sabres changed when he arrived. We can't keep everyone around for the playoffs, but I think he is worth a second look.

Gotta love YouTube:

What I like about that first clip is that Kaleta is tough but he's smart. Too many young players let their emotions get the better of them; Kaleta seems to manipulate others' emotions to his benefit.

And some icing on the cake!

Archived