hall of justice

Spudz

I saw a segment between periods last night that showed Lindy and Darcy in the trade room. My friend at work today said they blurred players names on the white board that we might have traded if the right deal came by, and he thought he saw some big names up there.

Anyone happen to have recorded this or maybe saw some names. I would love to see who was up there. I'm not sure if they were sabres names or other players, but it might show who we'd be willing to part with in the offseason.

Anyone else see this?

I believe that those were future line combinations

because it read like this:

Hect - Briere - Pominville

Stafford - Drury - Kotalik

(and so on and so on)

+ D-fenseive pairings

But I think that the part that they didn't blur we're line combos, and not who they were thinkin bout trading...

Still, it would have been kool to see the names on that board...

None-the-less still an awesome segment, kudos to whoever's idea that was!

I saw a segment between periods last night that showed Lindy and Darcy in the trade room. My friend at work today said they blurred players names on the white board that we might have traded if the right deal came by, and he thought he saw some big names up there.

Anyone happen to have recorded this or maybe saw some names. I would love to see who was up there. I'm not sure if they were sabres names or other players, but it might show who we'd be willing to part with in the offseason.

Anyone else see this?

I saw it, and during some of the frames the blurred whiteboard was not blurred. I'm sure if you had DVR you could play it back frame by frame and get a good look at their board.

I paused it and read what was not blurred. One section looked like it was all the roster players, including Rochester guys. I saw Zagrapan's name there, and what looked like Hunter (do they have a Hunter?)

Another section was a list of what looked like draft picks with percentages next to them. My first thought was maybe those were Darcy's ideas of what percentage of players chosen with those picks would make the NHL? It looked something like this:

151-160 14%

161-170 13%

---- Round 5----

171-180 11%

etc.

Those numbers are examples only. I am at work and am going from memory, and I am not even sure the percentages went down as the numbers went up, but I do remember that each section was 10 picks.

Were those names purposely blurred out? I just thought it was the regular MSG feed on my TV. :doh:

They did at one time point to a player name and talk about how coachable he was and then showed a clip of Stafford.

I'm certain they were talking about Stafford and how much he's learned so far. Having him progress as he has makes trading Novotny a lot easier for the organIzation.

The names were blurred on purpose for sure.

I'm certain they were talking about Stafford and how much he's learned so far. Having him progress as he has makes trading Novotny a lot easier for the organIzation.

The names were blurred on purpose for sure.

Just got through replaying it in slow mo and paused, really can't make much out, but thought this might be interesting. In the first shot with darcy asking "how much can he learn: pointing to line with Kotalik-Drury- Stafford.

But waht I found interesting is last line looked like Paetch-Connoly- ?

I kind of liked how they "dumbed it down" while the cameras were rolling. If Darcy really talks like that behind closed doors I would be shocked. By the way he was "explaining" things to Lindy it seemed to me like they already getting their excuses out there if the trades didn't work to the fans expectations.

Interesting comment for me was Lindy saying "You know we're not going to be healthy." His point being that more injuries are going to come. Maybe he realizes his team is injury-prone. :)

He said as much yesterday during his PC. It was something like, based on what has happened this season, one or two more injuries wouldn't be surprising at all. I am sure it is on the WGR audio vault.

Archived