Mancari called up

inkman

We already have Ryan and Kaleta on the roster, now Mancari just waters it down more. none of these guys are ready to contribute regularly and are marginal NHL prospects. There may be a place for Kaleta with what he offers but the other guys aren't going to cut it. Before you tell me about Ryan's point last night, let me save you the time and tell you that most hockey players no matter the skill level would get a point or two playing with Vanek.

I really wish Darcy would make a move. He already said Gaustad's money is available and trading Marty is still an option. We can't get a 4th liner making 700,000 for a draft pick?

I really wish Darcy would make a move. He already said Gaustad's money is available and trading Marty is still an option. We can't get a 4th liner making 700,000 for a draft pick?

I can understand this sentiment, but I'm wondering if it's worth it now. Good teams with good team chemistry don't need additional personnel coming in to disrupt it. Yes, Drury and others are out for a while and that really hurts. But I'm not so sure that Darcy and Lindy aren't willing to tread water for the rest of the regular season.

That said, bringing in someone like Kevyn Adams would likely help, but he'd only be a stop-gap until the playoffs. Everyone they bring up from Rochester seems to jump right in and make an impact, be it small or large.

We already have Ryan and Kaleta on the roster, now Mancari just waters it down more. none of these guys are ready to contribute regularly and are marginal NHL prospects. There may be a place for Kaleta with what he offers but the other guys aren't going to cut it. Before you tell me about Ryan's point last night, let me save you the time and tell you that most hockey players no matter the skill level would get a point or two playing with Vanek.

Gaustads money is already being used to pay for the call-ups (Gaustad was the wrong person to have to get hurt and go on the IR cause he contributed so much for such a small salary that its extremly hard to replace that

As for Biron, we have to have another team willing to take him in order to make a deal, and so far, not many are calling since he is a FA in the offseason

Now for adding Mancarri, he's a body, and right now thats all that matters, the Sabres need bodies because theirs are dropping like flies, thats what happens with depth, after a while it starts to get shallow, like now. A couple more bodies go down and Peters may be on the top line soon

Did you happen to watch the playoffs last year?

You realize that last year's playoffs and this years injury bug are bizarre occurrences, right? We're first in the NHL right now and we've faced injury's all year. We have some breathing room to let these young guys takeover while our players heal. When playoffs start and we have most of our starters back, I'm confident we'll be fine.

Why is everyone so anxious to make a trade? The Sabres are 18 points ahead of the 8th seed Hurricanes. Even if they go on a terrible losing streak, they will still make the playoffs. Once the playoffs start and the injured guys start returning, they will return to form.

Without making any trades at all since the start of the season they have maintained the BEST RECORD IN HOCKEY. Why the heck would you need a "shake-up" to improve chemistry when you already have the BEST RECORD IN HOCKEY with the guys you have. I think the only reason you make a trade is if you get some GM to gift wrap a juicy deal along the lines of Biron for Sidney Crosby, straight up.

We have several guys who are out with minor injuries. We don't have several players out with broken legs.

What?

Based on what? A couple of games?

It may have been lost on you. But for a big chunk of the game the Sabres were down to six forwards. Three of which were these kids you say " aren't going to cut it". While Ottawa had pretty much a full squad.

What would be the point of picking up a fourth liner? You don't build your roster from the bottom up. If you want to improve this team go out and get a quality player. Unfortunately you can't get one of those for $2.7 million.

:lol: , I am as big a homer as the next guy but that is a bit of a reach.

Is it really that big of a reach? Like someone pointed out above, we are not going to be able to get top 6 forward or top 4 D-man talent with the $$ we have available. Even if you get someone with, on paper, marginally better talent than our Amerks, our Amerks know and have been playing in our system all year. They know our guys, were at our training camps, and now..through injury, will be game tested against NHL talent jockying for playoff spots. They are hungry and will do WHATEVER Lindy asks them.

We're fine at forward. Maybe some D-help, but even there, with Paesch able to play back there.... Maybe my glasses are rose colored but, especially after last night, I thing we can dance with who we brung.

Archived