Sheldon Souray on the block?

Claude Balls

Biron for Souray matches up salary wise but I'd rather see Spaceck for Souray. From Lindy's comments, it sounds like the Sabres are none too happy with Jaro and what away to clear up cap space for next year.

I guess it all depends on whether Montreal is going to ride the season out with their backup goalie now that Huet's out for the year. Don't know if they want to pursue a starting goalie or not.

I guess it all depends on whether Montreal is going to ride the season out with their backup goalie now that Huet's out for the year. Don't know if they want to pursue a starting goalie or not.

Maybe Biron and Spacek for Souray and Aebischer?

I know theres about a 0.0000000000000000001% chance of this happening, so Eklund will probably be writing about the deal soon

Just remember that the inside source that he found it from was actually from this board and its me :)

Maybe Biron and Spacek for Souray and Aebischer?

I know theres about a 0.0000000000000000001% chance of this happening, so Eklund will probably be writing about the deal soon

Just remember that the inside source that he found it from was actually from this board and its me :)

Everytime I check Eklund, he has Souray going somewhere else. Pretty soon he'll be playing in the ECHL.

You know why I would like to have him? Because he scares the sh!t out of me when we play the Canadiens.

Against the Sabres this year-

Game 1: 1 Assist in 5-4 Sabres SO win

Game 2: Quiet in 4-1 Sabres win

Game 3: 1 Goal (OT winner) in 2-1 Habs win

Game 4: 1 Goal, 1 Assist in 3-2 Sabres SO win

Game 5: 2 Assists in 5-2 Habs romp

Game 6: Quiet in a 4-3 Habs win

Total in 6 games: 2 goals, 4 assists- 1 point per game. I was actually surprised the point total wasn't higher because he always seems to be pissing me off. That's the guy I want on my team- the one I can't stand playing against.

Tallinder is the only solid guy back there right now.

Last 20 Games G A P +/-

Campbell 1 7 8 +1

Paetch 0 9 9 -1

Lydman 0 5 5 0

Numinnen 1 5 6 +4

Kalinin 1 3 4 0

Tallinder is like a +5 since coming back for 9 games. He is clearly our #1 as much as I hate to admit it. Everyone else is a crapshoot. Long term I would rather build around Kalinin than Campbell. Kalinin is the best 4 on 4 Dman we have. He has been playing too conservative at full strength, but he uses his vision and smarts with open ice. Everyone gets excited for Paetch, and he is developing, but he's been just as mediocre numbers wise. I like Teppo's patience in the playoffs and Lydman I would be willing to move right now. I think Spacek will help at playoff time.

If someone goes...I'm guessing Campbell or Lydman.

Archived