Boston coach pleased with effort

Jay

Two games into a critical six-game road trip, Boston Bruins coach Adolph Hitler is pleased to find out his team still has plenty of fight in it.

"We didn't get rattled because some of our craziness in the second period," Hitler said. "For us it's really important. It was something we really needed."

Two games into a critical six-game road trip, Boston Bruins coach Adolph Hitler is pleased to find out his team still has plenty of fight in it.

"We didn't get rattled because some of our craziness in the second period," Hitler said. "For us it's really important. It was something we really needed."

Congrats Hitler, you beat half of the real Sabre team. Douchebag.

Congrats Hitler, you beat half of the real Sabre team. Douchebag.

Seriously? They have a reason to be incredibly optomistic after that showing. And the injury excuse won't get us through #%^$#! this year. I'm sick of hearing things like how the hurricanes beat the Rochester Amerks D-men in the conference finals last year. Paille, Stafford, Paetsch, McArthur... they are all Sabres now.

I don't understand the thinking going on in this thread. :unsure:

It's just stinking thinking. I think a lot of fans are girding themselves for disappointment again. The built-in excuse is rearing its head already ? "damn injuries." Champions overcome it. Buffalo fans are not good at accepting their team's fundamental flaws. In 75, we didn't have goaltending. In 99, we didn't have offense. Last year, we didn't have enough depth on D. This year, in a league that looks more and more like 2001 by the day, I'm afraid it might turn out to be goaltending. But we love to blame Bernie Parent, Brett Hull and bad luck. And here we go again.

Seriously? They have a reason to be incredibly optomistic after that showing. And the injury excuse won't get us through #%^$#! this year. I'm sick of hearing things like how the hurricanes beat the Rochester Amerks D-men in the conference finals last year. Paille, Stafford, Paetsch, McArthur... they are all Sabres now.

Agreed.

What's wrong with a coach trying to build his teams confidence in a down year?

It's just stinking thinking. I think a lot of fans are girding themselves for disappointment again. The built-in excuse is rearing its head already ? "damn injuries." Champions overcome it. Buffalo fans are not good at accepting their team's fundamental flaws. In 75, we didn't have goaltending. In 99, we didn't have offense. Last year, we didn't have enough depth on D. This year, in a league that looks more and more like 2001 by the day, I'm afraid it might turn out to be goaltending. But we love to blame Bernie Parent, Brett Hull and bad luck. And here we go again.

This team really is too deep--I don't see fundamental flaws. I do see injuries. Fact is, it's tough to win those four best-of-sevens, even with the best group of players money can buy. I think the Sabres actually have that best group of players--top to bottom--as long as "new NHL" rules apply, so if they don't win it this year, I won't think it's because the team is flawed.

Archived