Watch out hockey fans.

deluca67

if im not mistaken they have 67 points in 55 GP, and are fourth in the east. The sabres have 80 points in 57 GP. While the pens are 9-0-1 in their last ten, the sabs are 5-1 in their last 6. Although pittsburgh is streaking now, im not sure that they can make up 13 points on us, even with 2 games in hand. just a thought.

the pens are still pretty scary, but until they get to 2 in the east, im not going to be too worried... :(

if im not mistaken they have 67 points in 55 GP, and are fourth in the east. The sabres have 80 points in 57 GP. While the pens are 9-0-1 in their last ten, the sabs are 5-1 in their last 6. Although pittsburgh is streaking now, im not sure that they can make up 13 points on us, even with 2 games in hand. just a thought.

the pens are still pretty scary, but until they get to 2 in the east, im not going to be too worried... :(

I'd love to pay them in the playoffs, I think we would probably sweep them...they have a lot of good young talent, but they are vulnerable in the postseason...

I'd love to pay them in the playoffs, I think we would probably sweep them...they have a lot of good young talent, but they are vulnerable in the postseason...

Based on?

The thing about the playoffs is you never know.

Anyway,

The thing about the Pens is that they seem to be putting it together far earlier then anyone anticipated. Many thought they might slip in at the #8 spot. But to be in the top four with less then 30 games is a bit of a shock.

If they can keep it together you may be looking at a new Beast of the East for years to come.

Your not serious.

Sweep them?

Right now Buffalo won't sweep anyone in the playoffs unless the Bruins make it in.

The Penguins are probably one of the hottest teams in the league and could do some serious damage in the playoffs. I would worry about them just a little bit if Buffalo had to face them at anytime in the post season

Your not serious.

Sweep them?

Right now Buffalo won't sweep anyone in the playoffs unless the Bruins make it in.

The Penguins are probably one of the hottest teams in the league and could do some serious damage in the playoffs. I would worry about them just a little bit if Buffalo had to face them at anytime in the post season

As things stand right now, Pitt plays Ottawa. That's what I would like to see. Only one of those two will survive..

As things stand right now, Pitt plays Ottawa. That's what I would like to see. Only one of those two will survive..

yeah ottawa seems to have our number this year, and i would love to see a young pumped pens team knock them out so we dont have to deal with them. If ottawa beats them, then there goes a quality team that could cause us problems later on. either way, a pens v sens in the first round bodes well for us.

... but it probably wont stay that way with the pens streaking :doh:

yeah ottawa seems to have our number this year, and i would love to see a young pumped pens team knock them out so we dont have to deal with them. If ottawa beats them, then there goes a quality team that could cause us problems later on. either way, a pens v sens in the first round bodes well for us.

... but it probably wont stay that way with the pens streaking :doh:

Actually, I'm projecting it will. Pitt would have to overcome NJ or Ottawa would have to overcome Buffalo for that not to happen. I think they will both play well and both will finish as the number 2 seeds in their division. That drops them nicely into the 4 and 5 slots. All that is left to ponder is who will be 4 and who will be 5.

Edit: I guess the other division could spoil this as well. But I'm betting Tampa or Carolina doesn't play as well as Ottawa and Pitt.

Wow, the Penguin bandwagon has started.

With that said, I don't see them making a long run in the playoffs this year. They need a little more time to build the character needed for the playoffs. I'm not talking plain experience, because Buffalo proved last year that you can win without a lot of that. I'm more focused on their maturity and ability to bounce back when needed. I just don't see it in their game yet. Maybe if they had Lindy in the locker room...

As for who does scare me...Ottawa & Montreal. I think our speed can take care of Jersey and the other teams shouldn't pose much of a threat.

Buffalo vs. NE Division: 12-8-2 (59% of possible points)

Buffalo vs. Everyone else: 26-7-2 (77% of possible points)

i posed the question of Sabres vs $hittsburgh a long time ago and no one seemed to even care as they probably thought who cares and it wont matter bc the pens suck this year.... and here it is, they are 4th right now, and as much as it pains me to say it, i could see them beating the sabres in a 7 game series

whens the last time a buiffalo team did anything against a $hittsburgh sports team??

the 92 bills after beating the oilers in the comeback is all i can remember

i despise $hittsburgh, the entire city, i hate their ridiculous dialect, the disgusting duimps of houses they have sitting on tops of hills, all crammed together, i hate their stupid terrible towels, etc...

i hope they lose the rest of their games and miss the playoffs, or if they do make it, dont play the sabres at all or at least not until the ECF's

I HATE THAT ENTIRE CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i posed the question of Sabres vs $hittsburgh a long time ago and no one seemed to even care as they probably thought who cares and it wont matter bc the pens suck this year.... and here it is, they are 4th right now, and as much as it pains me to say it, i could see them beating the sabres in a 7 game series

whens the last time a buiffalo team did anything against a $hittsburgh sports team??

the 92 bills after beating the oilers in the comeback is all i can remember

i despise $hittsburgh, the entire city, i hate their ridiculous dialect, the disgusting duimps of houses they have sitting on tops of hills, all crammed together, i hate their stupid terrible towels, etc...

i hope they lose the rest of their games and miss the playoffs, or if they do make it, dont play the sabres at all or at least not until the ECF's

I HATE THAT ENTIRE CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at the bright side: they're losing their franchise after this season.

The only thing that scares me about Pittsburgh is their goaltending. I know Fleury is young, but if he gets on a roll going into the playoffs, they could knock off someone in the first round. For me, their scoring will always be there, it's basically, can you about 4 goals against them on any given night.

Actually, I'm projecting it will. Pitt would have to overcome NJ or Ottawa would have to overcome Buffalo for that not to happen. I think they will both play well and both will finish as the number 2 seeds in their division. That drops them nicely into the 4 and 5 slots. All that is left to ponder is who will be 4 and who will be 5.

Edit: I guess the other division could spoil this as well. But I'm betting Tampa or Carolina doesn't play as well as Ottawa and Pitt.

my worry was that pittsburgh would become the darling of the nhl (much like the sabs did last year) with stars like crosby and malkin. Everyone will be rooting for them and this will give them the extra motivation to make a shocking run through the playoffs. With two teams playing this well (pitt + ottawa) theres bound to be some shakeups in the standings in the 25 odd games left to play. I could see pittsburgh making a run at NJ spot if they stop winning those 2-0 games and Broduer plays like he did in the ASG (8 goals in one period!?!).

Either way the sabres end up playing the 8 seed would should condition players coming back (like TC) to get their playoff sealegs so to speak.

my worry was that pittsburgh would become the darling of the nhl (much like the sabs did last year) with stars like crosby and malkin. Everyone will be rooting for them and this will give them the extra motivation to make a shocking run through the playoffs. With two teams playing this well (pitt + ottawa) theres bound to be some shakeups in the standings in the 25 odd games left to play. I could see pittsburgh making a run at NJ spot if they stop winning those 2-0 games and Broduer plays like he did in the ASG (8 goals in one period!?!).

Either way the sabres end up playing the 8 seed would should condition players coming back (like TC) to get their playoff sealegs so to speak.

Hold your horses a little buddy. 1 vs 8 is not a conditioning session. Detroit lost last year, didn't they? Plus, the 8th seed that beat them made the Cup finals. I know that is rare, but I think you need to be reminded of the one game at a time mentality.

P.S.- I'm not trying to be a jerk here, just a couple comments.

Hold your horses a little buddy. 1 vs 8 is not a conditioning session. Detroit lost last year, didn't they? Plus, the 8th seed that beat them made the Cup finals. I know that is rare, but I think you need to be reminded of the one game at a time mentality.

P.S.- I'm not trying to be a jerk here, just a couple comments.

oh im fully aware of that. im not saying the 8 seed will be a pushover as the nhl is full of parody and anything can happen in a series. my point was more along the lines of we wont have to face one of the "threats" that people are pointing out (pitt, NJ, ottawa, etc.) until we have our playoff team rolling in the second round if we win. Im saying our team should be prepared by the time we face a real test like last years 7 game series with ottawa. (way to go pommer :thumbsup: )

thanks for keeping me in check - i should proof read next time to make sure im saying what i want :oops:

It's funny.

When I started the thread I didn't have the Pens possibly beating the Sabres in mind. I was think more along the lines what a great story they are. A bunch of hockey babies making hay in the NHL. Going from almost losing their franchise to maybe having home ice in the first round. Doesn't that story sound familiar.

I know that some hate that Pittsburgh even exists. Being a fan from a small market I am routing for them. Having a franchise in doubt strikes a little too close to home. With everything that has happened with the Sabres and everything that may happen with the Bills.

oh im fully aware of that. im not saying the 8 seed will be a pushover as the nhl is full of parody and anything can happen in a series. my point was more along the lines of we wont have to face one of the "threats" that people are pointing out (pitt, NJ, ottawa, etc.) until we have our playoff team rolling in the second round if we win. Im saying our team should be prepared by the time we face a real test like last years 7 game series with ottawa. (way to go pommer :thumbsup: )

thanks for keeping me in check - i should proof read next time to make sure im saying what i want :oops:

Hmm full of parody or parity, you make the call...

Just saw a stat that said Pitt is 11-0-2 in their last 13 and winning so far tonight 3-1.. That's pretty impressive..

Here is who they have played Montreal (2), Flyers (2), Bruins, Leafs (2), Stars, Coyotes, Panthers, Capitals, Predators and Islanders. They lost to the Bruins and Canadiens. Not the stiffest schedule, but still impressive.

They still have four left with the Devils.

EDIT: Make that 12-0-2. They knocked off Chicago in a shoot out. Crosby was playing like a man possessed. Interesting stat, for as good as he is overall, he is 1- 9 in shootout goals. He was stopped again tonight

Archived