Goose

drnkirishone

Bruschi is more generous than that: he plans to lend Goose his tendon for the next couple of months. If that doesn't take, he'll lend his entire leg.

Tedy could just cure them by wiping his tears on the ankle, but unfortunately Tedy doesn't cry....

This is a huge loss to the Sabres. I think our seemingly growing reputation for being a soft, finesse team will only get worse. But this really does hit our team hard in terms of physical play. Gaustad is a work horse, high energy, physical force that will be greatly missed, especially in the playoffs. He can actually make a play unlike some of our other big bodies(Peters)

The first thing that popped into my mind after hearing this during the broadcast is that now we HAVE to make a trade to bring in some force. I don't think anyone can argue that Gaustad is probably our most physical forward.

I literally am in shock now because I just feel Gaustad is such a huge part of this team, and does so many things right.

I think this changes Regier's whole gameplan regarding the trade deadline.

I agree we have to go and get a grity chew up and swallow glass type guy I don't care if he has the scoreng touch of Holezinger with stickhandleing of peters. WE gotta have someone that will fly around hitting everything. Cause Goose was that guy but obiviously more skilled then what i am describing lthou lol

The injury sucks. But the Sabres have a lot of time to determine if any moves need to be made.

Before the Sabres go out and unload prospects for a rent a player. Paillie deserves every chance to fill Gaustad's roster spot. It will be up to Paillie and Novotny to step up their physical play.

Archived