Ouch---Gaustad Cut by Skate Blade...

matter2003

Per Garth on the hockeybuzz.com:

"Goose's injury is a deep cut on his lower leg where the shin pad meets the boot. He was cut by a skate blade.

He took stitches to close the wound."

That had to hurt and I probably wouldn't expect him to back within a few days to a week---ouch...

I don't wanna be the first guy he hits when he gets back, cuz that is gonna HURT! He played a helluva game tonight, even if he missed half of it.

The Sabres are coming together nicely. The young guys are stepping up; the old guys are providing leadership, and Timmy's almost back. The Sabres have weathered the mid-season doldrums and came out of them on top of the league. The world is their oyster and they Cup will be theirs this season.

As long as they play with the intensity they showed tonight.

This post is in jest, I know an ankle is an awkward spot... It can reopen and is prone to infection and "all that":

How could he not play on Saturday?... For chrissakes, goalies back in the day played without masks and teams only carried ONE goalie... A goalie got cut, they took a break, stiched them up and sent them back in net...

Nevermind Jacques Plante insisting (or not going back into the game) on wearing the league's first goalie mask (constructed himself) after a "stitch job" back in 1959... :blush:

I guess now that the Gumper is at rest in the big net in the sky... We can get soft on the players...

My advice to Goose... Lace them up, take the pre-skate on Sat... Heave in a bucket and you'll be fine for the rest of the night!

:chris: :chris:

do you remember why we didn't have mckee in game 7 last spring? that's why gaustad won't play. it would be stupid to risk losing him for 2 weeks just to be a tough guy this weekend.

That is why I commented in jest... And mentioned infection... An ankle isn't a face or hand... A lot of "nasties" live down there under the jersey and sock!

:blink:

That is why I commented in jest... And mentioned infection... An ankle isn't a face or hand... A lot of "nasties" live down there under the jersey and sock!

:blink:

the problem with mcKee is he didn't disinfect his stuff. The Sabres have an ozone machine they can run their gear through and kill any staph on the equipment.

the problem with mcKee is he didn't disinfect his stuff. The Sabres have an ozone machine they can run their gear through and kill any staph on the equipment.

Wow... Believe it or not, I never caught that little tidbit!

The thing about an ankle is that it gets real damp under the sock...

BTW... I used a lacing config on my left skate that "skips" the point where I was getting pain near the side of the big toe... The guy at the pro-shop gave me the tip... Never would have dawned on me... Some skates in design taper near the toe... I have even noticed some pros lace that way in some pics I have seen!... I also have been using CCM's "OxySox" for a totally pain free fit!

Archived