Sports Websites

Bmwolf21

Favorite Sports New Website  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which national site do you visit most often?

• ESPN.com
    • Sportsline.com
    • Yahoo Sports
    • CNN/SI
    • The Sporting News
    • AOL Sports
    • Fox Sports
    • Other (please specify)

The conversation we had about how ESPN has moved a lot of their content to premium, "insider only" access and Yahoo Sports changing their layout and design made me wonder where most of our posters go to get the bulk of their sports news. (Trying to exclude sport or team-specific sites here, so I didn't add the Buffalo News, SabreSpace or Spector's Trade Rumors.)

For me, I seem to use Yahoo Sports a lot more than I used to, since the layout is pretty cool, I don't get attacked with video clips and most of the content (if not all) is free.

I use yahoo as well... and I'd say 99% because the pages are basic, load fast, don't have pop-ups, and are easy to navigate. I used to go to espn.com a few years ago, but since they got all the bells and whistles on everypage, just looking at stats is a total pain there... yahoo is basic and easy info to get quickly.

especially at work where a lot of video crap is blocked anyway and it just wastes my time... I just want the info quick and easy.

TSN.ca is lightning fast with trade news, and also features a great team salary/depth chart section, player profiles etc etc etc. Top-notch site. I also like the hockey news to look at transactions and sometimes player/team features. They've had a few good ones about Buffalo on their site this year. ESPN is horrible. Half the time they can't get guys' names right, and their message boards (although no fault of their own) are a hellhole.

Archived