Current frozen moment

slapshot1619

I gotta say as a hard core DEVILS season ticket holder this board is classy! Great game lastnight one of the best all season seems though lots of sabres fans that were in Jersey lastnight are on the band wagon! Rude SCUMBAGS.........they don't know the LaFontaines......Malarchuks.........Rays......Plantes........Hannans of the Sabres. you guys are the real deal best of luck and lets go DEVILS! Great board......http://ww.realdevilsfans.com that is our board it is very harsh, careful what you say!

GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To bad the NHL hates the DEVILS!

Not true. No replay showed that it was in the net. Was part of Miller's glove in the net? Yes, but it was not enough to overturn the call as the actual puck could not be seen as it was in the glove.

You have the position of the puck in the glove in that picture above. Combine that with the location of the glove in the overhead shot and it would be enough for Toronto to overturn the call.

Not true. No replay showed that it was in the net. Was part of Miller's glove in the net? Yes, but it was not enough to overturn the call as the actual puck could not be seen as it was in the glove.

There indeed was an angle with a majority of Miller's glove in the net, excluding the part guarding his wrist. Through the webbing of his glove you could see the puck. The NJ broadcast showed this shot as soon as they returned from the first commercial after the play.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/online409/goal.JPG

There indeed was an angle with a majority of Miller's glove in the net, excluding the part guarding his wrist. Through the webbing of his glove you could see the puck. The NJ broadcast showed this shot as soon as they returned from the first commercial after the play.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/online409/goal.JPG

I say it should've been a goal, but that picture is still slightly misleading. It's at a slight angle since the goal line also appears to be in the goal. That picture alone isn't conclusive either.

I say it should've been a goal, but that picture is still slightly misleading. It's at a slight angle since the goal line also appears to be in the goal. That picture alone isn't conclusive either.

I agree that it's slightly misleading. It's a shame that this is the angle for most overhead shots in the NHL. However, the live video (when slowed down) is much easier to depict. You can easily see the puck moving in the webbing of the glove and the position of Miller's hand makes up for the slightly misleading camera angle.

I agree that it's slightly misleading. It's a shame that this is the angle for most overhead shots in the NHL. However, the live video (when slowed down) is much easier to depict. You can easily see the puck moving in the webbing of the glove and the position of Miller's hand makes up for the slightly misleading camera angle.

I was making myself dinner as they showed that replay, so I missed it. Emmerick really annoys me, but he's pretty unbiased when he calls games, so I trust what I heard.

Archived