Sabres @ Maple Leafs (01/26)

LabattBlue

Whew! I haven't seen that many goals scored since the goalie strike of 1943. :P

Sabres didn't let the defensive disaster known as the second period get into their heads. They played a strong third period. What did they used to say about the Bills during the early 90s? Oh yeah, relentless.

Cheers!

What's your point? You'd rather have Biron than Miller? I've got news for you...without Miller tonight the score might have been 8-4 with toronto winning.

Do you want to ask what my point is, or would you rather misguess it? Point is, Miller let in the odd goal or two that would have been called "soft" had Biron been the goalie. Point two is, if Biron lets in four, we win in spite; if Miller lets in four, well, our offense was better. I daresay your post exemplifies my point--no one here respects Biron at all.

Miller v Biron? Miller, every time. But I saw so much dogging on Biron during the preseason, little cheering during his win streak, and so much forgetting afterwards, that I wonder whether we remember that he meant something to this team as recently as last month.

Do you want to ask what my point is, or would you rather misguess it? Point is, Miller let in the odd goal or two that would have been called "soft" had Biron been the goalie. Point two is, if Biron lets in four, we win in spite; if Miller lets in four, well, our offense was better. I daresay your post exemplifies my point--no one here respects Biron at all.

Miller v Biron? Miller, every time. But I saw so much dogging on Biron during the preseason, little cheering during his win streak, and so much forgetting afterwards, that I wonder whether we remember that he meant something to this team as recently as last month.

Biron had his shot over the last three seasons and proved that he is nothing more than a middle of the pack #1 goalie. He can play great in spurts(earlier this year), just as easily as he can be Mr. Mediocre. He is a bonehead handling the puck, is horrible at times in terms of being in the correct position/angle and is down on his knees way too early and way too often.

If that is interpreted as giving him no respect, then so be it. I call it, like I see it.

Biron had his shot over the last three seasons and proved that he is nothing more than a middle of the pack #1 goalie. He can play great in spurts(earlier this year), just as easily as he can be Mr. Mediocre. He is a bonehead handling the puck, is horrible at times in terms of being in the correct position/angle and is down on his knees way too early and way too often.

If that is interpreted as giving him no respect, then so be it. I call it, like I see it.

Cool that it's just the last 3 seasons, right? We'll forget about the 5 shutouts in 40 games. Oh, but that was more than 3 seasons ago. He IS down too early and too often, you're right there; I disagree on you assessment of his puckhandling, but I'll recognize that he gives up rebounds that are way too tasty to opposing forwards.

He is not the goalie that most people thought/think/will think. My point, which I note was not directed towards you, is that many would be irritated that Biron let in 4, but if Miller lets in the same 4, there's no problem.

My point, which I note was not directed towards you, is that many would be irritated that Biron let in 4, but if Miller lets in the same 4, there's no problem.

Everybody has their favorites...right. ;) In case you can't tell mine happens to be Miller. B-)

Everybody has their favorites...right. ;) In case you can't tell mine happens to be Miller. B-)

See, kids, it is possible to resolve your conflicts peacefully. In this case, I tried to level a hipcheck that would wreck LabattBlue's ACL for weeks. But he, being the guy that he is, avoided the hit. I think it would have been a clean hit, and the rest of the Rangers agree. But some Sabres disagree.

As grownups, we realize it's ok if LabattBlue likes Miller, and if Eleven likes Budweiser. We both hope you learned something from this.

See, kids, it is possible to resolve your conflicts peacefully. In this case, I tried to level a hipcheck that would wreck LabattBlue's ACL for weeks. But he, being the guy that he is, avoided the hit. I think it would have been a clean hit, and the rest of the Rangers agree. But some Sabres disagree.

As grownups, we realize it's ok if LabattBlue likes Miller, and if Eleven likes Budweiser. We both hope you learned something from this.

:lol: LabattBlue never drinks Miller. Now what was I saying about Biron...

Let's finish off this road trip with a good effort against Atlanta and then come on home boys.

In a completed unrelated sidenote, my 3 most hated Leafs...

It's a dead heat...Sundin, Tucker & Domi. :angry:

:lol: LabattBlue never drinks Miller. Now what was I saying about Biron...

Let's finish off this road trip with a good effort against Atlanta and then come on home boys.

In a completed unrelated sidenote, my 3 most hated Leafs...

It's a dead heat...Sundin, Tucker & Domi. :angry:

You're my boy, Blue. Let's go Sabs!

Cool that it's just the last 3 seasons, right? We'll forget about the 5 shutouts in 40 games. Oh, but that was more than 3 seasons ago. He IS down too early and too often, you're right there; I disagree on you assessment of his puckhandling, but I'll recognize that he gives up rebounds that are way too tasty to opposing forwards.

He is not the goalie that most people thought/think/will think. My point, which I note was not directed towards you, is that many would be irritated that Biron let in 4, but if Miller lets in the same 4, there's no problem.

There's only one goal that went in tonight that Miller had any chance on, and that was a deflection on a rush (the shorthanded one).

He played spectacularly tonight.

I'm not down on Biron, but I feel a whole lot better when Miller starts, and I'll bet everyone else does, too.

That call on Grier was Horseshiat, but so was the tripping call on Steen when Vanek tripped over his own feet.

Vanek is coming on, boys. He's controlling play a bit more, and he's crafty with the puck. Good to see!

Pominville is really impressive, too.

The future is bright!

There's only one goal that went in tonight that Miller had any chance on, and that was a deflection on a rush (the shorthanded one).

He played spectacularly tonight.

I'm not down on Biron, but I feel a whole lot better when Miller starts, and I'll bet everyone else does, too.

That call on Grier was Horseshiat, but so was the tripping call on Steen when Vanek tripped over his own feet.

Vanek is coming on, boys. He's controlling play a bit more, and he's crafty with the puck. Good to see!

Pominville is really impressive, too.

The future is bright!

it was a good game... i enjoyed it but the officiating was poor unfortunatly... seemed bad but called fair... wierd

Great win for the Sabres. The leafs got crappy goaltending but the sabres outworked them almost the entire game and earned the W.

A few observations:

1. I recognize eleven's point above about the standards seem to be different for miller and marty, but I thought Miller played really well. It just seems like he makes the tough saves when we really need them much more often than Marty does.

2. Favorite play of the game: DuMont's huge hit on Domi that made Domi charge after him & take a penalty, resulting in a PP goal for us.

3. Favorite play of the game, runner-up: McKee blocking 2 shots point-blank on the penalty kill, then grabbing the loose puck after the 2nd block and clearing it.

4. I can probably live with one bonehead penalty per game from max, but last night he had 2. Still, he creates so much offense that he is a true difference-maker.

5. based on ice time (under 12 min. last night), Vanek still hasn't earned Lindy's trust -- would be great to see him earn more as there is definitely a vacancy with Connolly out for a while.

6. With Philly and Ottawa coming up we need to beat Atlanta to bank the 2 points.

Go Sabres.

the two penalties against max ,more than make up for the one on steen. max barely tapped the leaf on the 1st one. on the second one sundin tried to give him a shot to the back of the head and max retaliated. If he is gonna get a penalty for that,then why didn,t kaberle get two for pounding afinaganov in the back 3 times to help sundin on the play. i think the refs should realize that mats was taking a cheap shot at a guy half his size

If Biron is such a great goalie then why isn't Darcy's phone ringing off the hook? Miller is obviously the #1 guy all the way and Mika should be #2 instead of sitting idle. Biron would be long gone if teams thought he could be a top 10 goalie.

the two penalties against max ,more than make up for the one on steen. max barely tapped the leaf on the 1st one. on the second one sundin tried to give him a shot to the back of the head and max retaliated. If he is gonna get a penalty for that,then why didn,t kaberle get two for pounding afinaganov in the back 3 times to help sundin on the play. i think the refs should realize that mats was taking a cheap shot at a guy half his size

I thought the 1st penalty on max was a legit slash and the right call. I totally agree with you that on the 2nd one, sundin took a cheap shot to which max was justified in responding. However, it took place when we had a 2-man advantage, which is very precious, so max should have known any retaliation would be likely to draw a penalty and turned the other cheek.

I really like Max and I like the fact that he doesn't take any s--- off of anyone, isn't afraid to dig it out of the corners, etc. I just would like about 20% fewer penalties out of him.

Go Sabres.

If Biron is such a great goalie then why isn't Darcy's phone ringing off the hook? Miller is obviously the #1 guy all the way and Mika should be #2 instead of sitting idle. Biron would be long gone if teams thought he could be a top 10 goalie.

How do you know it's not?

Just because the so called "insiders" haven't reported it doesn't mean nothing is going on. You may not have heard anything because the Sabres don't want anybody to know.

Most of what gets reported as "hot rumors" are rumors put out there by the teams themselves. They use it to gauge fan reaction or to let other teams know that a player is available. Most of the "league sources" are the GM's themselves. It's like that in every sport.

Peace ;)

Ok, as one of Biron's bigger critics on this board, I feel like I should comment. You didn't hear from me when Miller gave up 4 goals because I was on a plane during the game. I was concerned when I saw he gave up 4, but from reading the posts on here it looks like despite that he still had a great game. I do think Miller is the better goalie, and I am willing to speak up when he has a bad night. But if I had to pick a game for him to give up 4, it would definately be last night!