FAVORITE BEER TO DRINK

Sabretooth73

Hmm, I guess my handle wouldn't be Blue Light if that that was not the case! "Only" $11.99 a twelver out here in New Jersey, which is why I always try and pick up those great new case of 28's when I am back in B-lo!

Oh, and during playoffs, each goal is followed up with another WNY favorite - a shot of Crown Royal!

Hmm, I guess my handle wouldn't be Blue Light if that that was not the case! "Only" $11.99 a twelver out here in New Jersey, which is why I always try and pick up those great new case of 28's when I am back in B-lo!

Oh, and during playoffs, each goal is followed up with another WNY favorite - a shot of Crown Royal!

11.99 a twelver? That's highway robbery. I can get an 18 pack for 9.99 here in Rochester.

Busch, Busch Lite, Keystone... and the occasional Bud Lite when we have extra money!

Hey, I'm a teenager. I learn to deal with them.

I think I speak for the whole board, as I'm inclined to do; that we do not condone, authorize or sanction underage drinking of any kind. :thumbsup:

Busch, Busch Lite, Keystone... and the occasional Bud Lite when we have extra money!

Hey, I'm a teenager. I learn to deal with them.

Bud lite costs more than those others? They all are essentially the same thing anyway. Don't let corporate America sell you their labels. Drink the cheapest, nastiest swill you can find. Please read above post before adhering to this.

I continue to be amazed at how many of you folks out east drink Blue, or as I prefer to call it, Blah. My name for Labatt's Lite, I guess you call it Blue Light, is Lab-rats Lite.

I work as a bartender, and we practically have to give the stuff away. I always know when someone is visiting our fair province from Ontario though. They're the only ones who drink it.

Out here in Regina, Coors Light, Canadian, Bud, Pilsner and Kokanee are the top dogs. I'm not a hundred percent sure, but I believe our 'american' beers are brewed differently from yours, same name, different product.

I'm sure our friend Rickshaw from BC is familiar with Kokanee. How can you go wrong with a beer named after a fish?

Out here in Regina, Coors Light, Canadian, Bud, Pilsner and Kokanee are the top dogs. I'm not a hundred percent sure, but I believe our 'american' beers are brewed differently from yours, same name, different product.

No beer, whether macro or micro, imported or domestic is really brewed any differently. The easiest way to make a distinction from beers that adhere to historical style guidelines (ie. micro brews) and the big macro beers like Bud, Coors, Miller, Molson, Labbatt etc. is the ingredients used. The macro beers are cheaper for one simple reason, they tend to substitute corn and rice for malted barley. You'll hear people say that these kinds of beers are "watered down. " That really isn't true though, they just substitute cheaper ingredients that don't lend a fuller bodied, maltier profile like an all barley malt beer does.

No beer, whether macro or micro, imported or domestic is really brewed any differently. The easiest way to make a distinction from beers that adhere to historical style guidelines (ie. micro brews) and the big macro beers like Bud, Coors, Miller, Molson, Labbatt etc. is the ingredients used. The macro beers are cheaper for one simple reason, they tend to substitute corn and rice for malted barley. You'll hear people say that these kinds of beers are "watered down. " That really isn't true though, they just substitute cheaper ingredients that don't lend a fuller bodied, maltier profile like an all barley malt beer does.

Damn you! I'm going to have to pick up a 12er on the way home now.

Last night I was drinking Blue. Tonight, I had a few Blues and then got started in on this 4 pack of Duvel. It's a Belgian golden ale that's 8.5% alcohol and damn tasty. It's pricy, but my g/f's parents bought it for me for one, and my g/f got her first semester law school grades today and did great so we're celebrating. And of course the Sabres are on, so why not celebrate!?

Back in the late 80's Kokanee was the biggest beer going. It had a whopping 25-30% of the market in BC.

Because of the no cross province border rules, you couldn't get Kokanee except here. Albertans used to drive here just to get it.

Now, it's still a big player but you can get in more places in Canada.

Myself, I like to drink Sleeman Draught in the summer. I bought some Busch the other day. Can't believe they make a light for it! US beers ARE light beers! The price is right and money's tight these days, so that's what I have on hand right now.

I'd prefer a Captain Morgan's spiced rum and diet coke any day!! Mmmmmm

Where's the love for Genny Cream Ale ???

C'mon all you Western New Yorkers ...fess up...

My favorite beer is when some one else buys....

I'll go with Guinness...

If I hear my father in law drone on any more about the merits of Genny I'm going to hang myself. I am sick of hearing about that pisswater.

Where's the love for Genny Cream Ale ???

C'mon all you Western New Yorkers ...fess up...

My favorite beer is when some one else buys....

I'll go with Guinness...

when the bills were in the super bowl every year genny and genny cream was ALL i served at my parties. :beer:

Archived