Goalie Mask archive

Bmwolf21

Which was your favorite goalie mask?

Goaliesarchive.com has a pretty cool section on the different masks NHL goalies have worn throughout the years. It looks like it desperately needs to be updated - Biron and Miller's new masks aren't on there, neither is Roy's mask from the Avs, among others - but there are still a lot of cool pics hosted there.

The Steve Shields Bruins model is pretty funny; the Roloson bear mask is good, too.

No love for the blue and gold on that site; some love for the red & black.

Considering this list didn't have what I consider the most famous mask in history there (Gary Cheevers'), I also appreciated Steve Shields' masks.

As for blue and gold, did you miss this one?

Sean Burke and his Zepplin mask, thats one i want, or jason Labarbera's Metallica Mask

My favorite when I was younger has always been Vanbiesbroucks Florida mask

Brent Johnsohn has Zepplin things on his as well, including Icarus and the symbols.

Considering this list didn't have what I consider the most famous mask in history there (Gary Cheevers')

I was looking for the Cheevers "stitches" mask too. As for old Sabres goalies, they have a Dave Dryden, but it is red, white, and blue. No Crozier, Edwards, or Malarchuk though, to name a few. Very cool Desjardins one though!

I just read Dave Drydens' bio at Sabres Alumni...fascinating story that his first professional experience came when he was a junior player and was watching a Habs/leafs game from the stands. The goalie, Gump Worsley, got knocked cold (no mask) and was carted off. Teams didn't carry backup goalies then so they pulled Dave out of the stands and suited him up!!! Now that's "Old Time Hockey"!!

Bummer for Dave though, that incident made him a professional and made him ineligible for US college scholarships.

As for blue and gold, did you miss this one?

Brent Johnsohn has Zepplin things on his as well, including Icarus and the symbols.

Yes, I did miss it--thanks for that link! Very cool.

This one is still one of my favorites.

Grant Fuhr's mask

The Buffalo Soldier mask is one of my favorites, too; hope it makes it onto that site one day.

Archived