Anyone know if there is a clip of Millers save

RVJ

Ehhhh. Whatever. Ryan talked about all the mistakes he made to put himself in the position of having to make a spectacular save like that, and he admitted he just "played the percentages." A lot of luck is involved in any such save. It was spectacular, but I can find saves in almost every other game this season that were better.

PA, what is your problem? why are you SOOOOO grumpy all the time? it seems like you have to give your 2 cents to every topic to make sure we don't get too excited about things. Of course it was mostly luck, Miller stuck out his stick and the guy shot it into it, but Miller had the awareness and heart to at least try and he did a great job controlling the puck once he did stop it. No one is saying he planned it that way because he is supernatural or anything... sheesh, let us say some nice things without needing you to always "bring us back to reality" when it isn't needed. Some threads I like your "reality" viewpoint, but sometimes it is un-necessary.

PA, what is your problem? why are you SOOOOO grumpy all the time? it seems like you have to give your 2 cents to every topic to make sure we don't get too excited about things. Of course it was mostly luck, Miller stuck out his stick and the guy shot it into it, but Miller had the awareness and heart to at least try and he did a great job controlling the puck once he did stop it. No one is saying he planned it that way because he is supernatural or anything... sheesh, let us say some nice things without needing you to always "bring us back to reality" when it isn't needed. Some threads I like your "reality" viewpoint, but sometimes it is un-necessary.

I'll bring you chumps back to reality a little more. Ryan Miller starting in the All-Star game is a joke. And for those who think he is UNBEATABLE one on one, go check out the shootout stats. I think he's ninth -- sixth when you throw out the goalies who've gone 3 for 3 or something.

Reality sucks eh? Now go put your brand new slug jersey on and stare at those league standings some more and make yourself feel better. :)

CD, I bet Ryan can tell you a bunch of saves that were technically better.

P.S. I'm so grumpy because a team that could be far and away the best in the league has been shitting the bed since practically Day One. I know you guys are going to start lighting torches and heading for my house, but I just don't like the way this team has played. Sorry ladies. Grow some balls and open your eyes. Jesus H. Christ.

I'll bring you chumps back to reality a little more. Ryan Miller starting in the All-Star game is a joke. And for those who think he is UNBEATABLE one on one, go check out the shootout stats. I think he's ninth -- sixth when you throw out the goalies who've gone 3 for 3 or something.

Reality sucks eh? Now go put your brand new slug jersey on and stare at those league standings some more and make yourself feel better. :)

P.S. I'm so grumpy because a team that could be far and away the best in the league has been shitting the bed since practically Day One. I know you guys are going to start lighting torches and heading for my house, but I just don't like the way this team has played. Sorry ladies. Grow some balls and open your eyes. Jesus H. Christ.

PA, did you get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

Even though it's highly unlikely that you're correct, that's a really easy argument to make, given that neither of us actually has the ability to ask Ryan such a thing.

I suppose the fact that he was grinning from ear-to-ear immediately after that save doesn't mean that he thought it was special. I'm sure he does that after every save. <_<

PA, did you get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

Well, I didn't want to wake you up.

Even though it's highly unlikely that you're correct, that's a really easy argument to make, given that neither of us actually has the ability to ask Ryan such a thing.

I suppose the fact that he was grinning from ear-to-ear immediately after that save doesn't mean that he thought it was special. I'm sure he does that after every save. <_<

I think the point I am trying in vain to make is that the save we all yawn at oftentimes should impress us more than his Walenda routine against the Bruins. Ryan is a technically strong goaltender who is almost always in the right position, makes the right save selection and doesn't often usually up huge rebounds. Thus, he doesn't have to often make the spectacular save. He's no Hasek. He doesn't have to be.

I like Ryan. A lot. I think he's the right guy for this team, if this team scores three or four goals a game. If he doesn't get the offensive support, I don't know. Pucks tend to leak through him somehow, someway. Maybe it's because most teams just fire the puck from anywhere on us, while we try to make the fancy pass.

I'm with PA on this one. It was fun to watch, but it's not indicative of good play in any way. We got stuck in a 2 on 1 which Soupy didn't notice turning into a 3 on 1. Ryan got lucky and the look in his eyes during that close up of his face shows it.

Good defensive play is hard to notice because it doesn't make highlight reels.

There's a difference between a spectacular save and a technically sound one. Most spectacular saves are made after a screwup on the part of defense or the goaltender. In that regard, this was a spectacular save. The best ever? Definitely not, but it is worthy of another look.

And Miller is a technically sound goalie, almost to a fault. The last game against Carolina, he lost the shutout because he was trying to not only stop the shot that went in, but he also tried to guide it to the corner. He whiffed and it went in.

As for him being an All Star, I'll buy it. The Sabres don't do much to limit his shots, they have no crease-clearing defenseman, and they don't play in the corners. You can judge how good he is by his bad outing against Washington. If he's not on his game, the team completely falls apart.

That wasn't human. Sorry PA but that made me gasp in amazement.

Yup, highlight material for the rest of Ryan career, that's for sure :thumbsup:

It was fun to watch, but it's not indicative of good play in any way.

Yes and no. I would say it's indicative of really bad defensive play...and also jaw-droppingly extraordinary goalie play to make up for it!

Archived