JUST BOUGHT DIRECTV NHL CENTER ICE

Sabretooth73

If Montreal plays a team and the only feed available is in French, they will show that. Last year they only aired 1 game in French Only but thus making several of Montreal's games unavailable to center ice so many fans couldn't see their team play, so they are putting RDS' French feeds on when there is no US feed.

Last year i think 5 Sabres games wern't on tv.... we won't have that problem anymore but some teams around the States still do believe it or not, it's a stupid marketing plan to get people from their homes to the arenas.

It's not always the home team feed that does the coverage. I haven't been able to figure out the logic. Seems random to me.

I think I read once that each network charges a different amount to Center Ice for the rights to their feed. Center Ice will pick the cheaper one.

How would this plan work?... Say I get a "SlingBox"... My father lives in BFLO... Could I install it at his house and "sling" the Sabres' games to me?...

Thus by-passing a need for CenterIce?

Or is this illegal?

yes, that is what you do with it.

I can't find a TOS for Sling, but since only one person can be connected at a time - I would think you would be fine (although this is certainly against the spirit of Center ICE, etc...).

How would this plan work?... Say I get a "SlingBox"... My father lives in BFLO... Could I install it at his house and "sling" the Sabres' games to me?...

Thus by-passing a need for CenterIce?

Or is this illegal?

1. Does your dad have more than one TV?

2. Does your dad have broadband internet?

3. Does your dad have a router?

4. Does your dad mind if you eat all his bandwidth during a Sabres game?

It can be done. I have a slingbox and my brother used it to watch the 3 blacked out Bills games this year. I'm in VA and he's in BFLO.

It probably is illegal. What's your point?

Whatever the TV or Cable Box is tuned to is what the slingbox will stream. So if you put it on your dad's regular TV and he switches channels, you switch channels, too.

I have a Tivo in my basement for visitors that rarely gets used. That's the one that I use for slinging, and no, you can't use my system. I like my bandwidth the way it is!

1. Does your dad have more than one TV?

2. Does your dad have broadband internet?

3. Does your dad have a router?

4. Does your dad mind if you eat all his bandwidth during a Sabres game?

It can be done. I have a slingbox and my brother used it to watch the 3 blacked out Bills games this year. I'm in VA and he's in BFLO.

It probably is illegal. What's your point?

Whatever the TV or Cable Box is tuned to is what the slingbox will stream. So if you put it on your dad's regular TV and he switches channels, you switch channels, too.

I have a Tivo in my basement for visitors that rarely gets used. That's the one that I use for slinging, and no, you can't use my system. I like my bandwidth the way it is!

:lol:

Thanks!

I think we may have a problem?... :D

He does have trouble with his eyesight at times... I can get my brother to lock out his tube on MSG...

Well... I am off to see the Wizard! :D

:bag:

Hi

I have NHL Center ICE on Time Warner in Raleigh NC. Can anyone figure out how to make the cable company provided DVR record every Sabres game? I have to record each game manually when the guide becomes available. Would much rather know that every game was being recorded.

Thanks

Can anyone figure out how to make the cable company provided DVR record every Sabres game?

Well, considering your live in North Carolina you must own a gun. Take it to your local cable provider and threaten them with physical violence. Let me know how this goes. ;)

Archived