After Finding Out Tallinder Is Just A Sprain...

CallawaySabres

Bottom line is that Ottawa is so fired up about Buffalo being the team that stopped them from getting to the Cup last year that they come out flying each time we play them. Just read the quotes from some of the Sabres each time we play Carolina. They are still bitter about that series and SHOULD be.

Once the playoffs come around, Buffalo will have all the motivation as they were so close last year. Just be thankful that we are getting healthy and the rest will take care of itself!!!

So much for "JUST" a sprain. Week to week sounds like it could easily be a month or more. High ankle sprains can be nasty.

http://www.wgr550.com/sabres/fullstory.php?id=2091

In '03 he missed 24 games with a "high ankle sprain". Hopefully this one isn't as bad.

Felt the play was dirty. Heatley slewfooted Hank. No call. Another injury.

With all the crap they call, that one, and the elbow to Vanek's head in the first while the ref looked on, are definitely penalties.

It definitely was a slew foot. I saw it on TV live, but only saw the replay once. I couldn't tell if it was intentional or accidental as Heatley swung around Hank. But you are dead on that it was a slew foot.

Felt the play was dirty. Heatley slewfooted Hank. No call. Another injury.

With all the crap they call, that one, and the elbow to Vanek's head in the first while the ref looked on, are definitely penalties.

Apparently the league has little problem with Ottawa's headhunting. Connolly might still be around if it wasn't for Schaeffer's elbow.

I know this will be unpopular to say................................. but I didn't think the hit that toke connelly out was dirty. Did the elbow make contact ya but I thought it was just him following thru with the hit. Would have been a non-issue had Timmy not ducked down. I'm also sure this has been argued alot back when it happened I just wasn't on this boards at that time lol.

Archived