Goose-Drury-Kotalik

X. Benedict

Gaustad - Drury - Kotalik on the same line seems to be some inspired thinking for

me. To finally give Kotalik a break and play him on his natural side really opened shots.

(I think this is why Ruff has never been down on Kotalik on the left side)

In Gaustad you have a relentless puck chaser. These guys looked great together.

The only problem with the line is that it puts your two best draw men on the ice at the same

time. But if these guys can fire out 15 shots a game they are going score a lot of goals.

Thoughts? Would you like to see this line together for a while?

Yes -- they should definitely stay together. As I've mentioned in other threads, Kotalik looks like a new man out there. He's a force on the forecheck as well as firing the cannon. This gives us 3 lines that are legit scoring threats. It does leave the cupboard a little bare for the 4th line, but so be it. (As far as that goes, I have to admit that like DeLuca I wouldn't mind seeing Stafford or Paille skating regularly on the 4th line instead of Peters).

I'll also point out that I thought Novotny had his best game last night in quite a while. He was skating the puck up ice fast, smooth and determined. Maybe playing with Mair lit a fire under him. Don't be surprised if that line pops in a couple over the next few games.

I'll also point out that I thought Novotny had his best game last night in quite a while. He was skating the puck up ice fast, smooth and determined. Maybe playing with Mair lit a fire under him. Don't be surprised if that line pops in a couple over the next few games.

Mair scoring.. now that's comedy...

Archived