How the puck do you lose to the Wishington Crapitals?

Rabbit151

Didn't see the whole game, but I saw the hi-lights. The Crapitals acted like they got the game-winning goal in game 7 of the Stanley Cup final every time they scored.

The Sabres are marked men now. Every game. They will lose every single time they are not 110%ready to play.

Bank it.

Didn't see the whole game, but I saw the hi-lights. The Crapitals acted like they got the game-winning goal in game 7 of the Stanley Cup final every time they scored.

The Sabres are marked men now. Every game. They will lose every single time they are not 110%ready to play.

Bank it.

that is the no-brainer of the year my friend. if you are #1 than you have a bullseye on your chest.

the caps are over .500 and they did just beat Dallas the other night. doesn't make it any better, but it is not like we just lost to an AHL team..

Rabbit, that's right. And that's one reason I'm kind of worried about this season. We enter every game like we're one of those touring Soviet teams from the 1970s on an exhibition tour, and every team we face is the Buffalo Sabres circa 1976 that put a 12-6 pasting on the Reds. This season is quickly losing its starch, its backbone. It's uncharted territory for the Sabres and certain the fans. Are we going to start coasting now, waiting for the playoffs? Briere already said the "p" word. Call me neurotic or pessimistic of whatever, but I'd much rather be the 2005-06 Sabres. The only good (?) news is that there's probably going to be a little correction here, given the way the Sabres have been playing, where they fall back enough to make the games much more meaningful again. Everyone wants that Presidents' Trophy, but again I call it a curse. There has to be a reason it doesn't often translate to a Cup, and maybe it's because having that kind of season just doesn't prepare you for the postseason. Winning can have a corrosive effect. See Lindy pulling his goalie in a game (forget the details) way too soon, something he would never do in a playoff game.

that is the no-brainer of the year my friend. if you are #1 than you have a bullseye on your chest.

the caps are over .500 and they did just beat Dallas the other night. doesn't make it any better, but it is not like we just lost to an AHL team..

well they did have alot of hershey bears in the lineup :P

I am not worried at all...

We didn't play well last night at all, especially for the first 20 minutes and we weren't able to recover like they usually do...

Sure they started playing better late in the game, but it was too little too late...usually they are still able to come back and win those games...

82 game season, you're bound to drop a couple. WSH just poured it on in the first and never let up. They forechecked very hard and very good. Alex Ovechkin is a #%^$#!in beast and a hell of a great player. He burned Peascth like he was in High School on that highlight reel goal of his. The hit on Briere was definitely cheap, but Danny came back- thank god. Goose nailed Ovie immediately after the play so that was another plus. But overall, this game just didn't add up in BUFs favor. On to the next one in Tampa!!

I could probably make a half dozen contradictory excuses for the Washington game. Here is what I have settled on.

2nd game in under 24 hours after going to shootout and being forced to travel on a bad weather night facing a team that was clearly trophy hunting.

Washington owned the first period.

Let's just see if there is a hang over effect when they play the 'ning.

I think the NHL should outlaw back-to-back games that require a travel day for a team. The season is long enough that they ought to be able to figure it out. Forcing a team to play until 10-11p, do press interviews, pack, and fly to another city is just stupid. It gives an unfair advantage to the home team. If you want to even it out, force both teams to play under said circumstances. They don't schedule like this in the playoffs for good reason.

Archived