Sabres vs. Panthers (01/01)

PTS

after listening to crappy everclear bills as the warm up, its time for the rolling sabres stones.

oops... 1-0 quickly forida. neuwendyke (sp) scored on miller

just got back from the Meadowlands where everything is clear and consise about the future of Buffalo's other pro team...

Here's hoping the Sabre perform better...they tri-state area Bills fans can't wait for the Sabres/Rangers on 1/24!!!

had this been biron in net there would have now been about 25 posts here calling him a bum and breaking down how terrible he is.

conversely, had miller been as streaky and odd as biron has been for the past 8 years, we'd be callling for ryan's head. either way, it was a bad goal that the sabres have to make up for in the 2nd period

what a shift by derek roy... he was all over the place keeping the puck in the zone and making plays. still 1-1

The more you watch Roy, the more you like him.

Its not much of a concidence IMO that this great Sabres run started when guys like Roy came back into the fold.

This is absurd! We cannot beat this team for anything. If we would've just been able to handle Florida this year we'd be the best squad in the league... ahead of Ottawa even! f'in a! this is a major thorn in our side.

The Sabres were way off sync tonight. Passing was consistently off the mark and everytime they had a good shot they either wiffed or couldn't handle the feed. Although they were skating better than the last time they played Florida, they were not mentally working. They better work on passing techniques prior to the Tampa game.

well it looks like those Panthers know how to play us... let's hope we don't see them again during the playoffs.

That, and let's hope other teams don't pickup too many pointers from FLA, cause man do they play some boring hockey.

Wow, sure is nice to be able to say that about someone else, for once.

The Sabres would have won if Marty played :lol:

I just like starting trouble.

0-7 on the power play. This team needs to increase it's 5 on 5 production. On average they score two 5 on 5 goals a game.

Just another thought on that, since Miller's return:

Miller: 4-1-0, GAA=1.58, SV%=.942

Biron, 0-1-1, GAA=3.36, SV%=.879

But as for the game itself, I think they need to dump and chase more when they are having trouble gaining the blue line. I think if they started dumping it in, and sent 2 forecheckers, they would have forced Florida's defense to make mistakes and caused a lot more scoring chances. I am not a huge fan of dumping and chasing, but sometimes you have to do it.

But as for the game itself, I think they need to dump and chase more when they are having trouble gaining the blue line. I think if they started dumping it in, and sent 2 forecheckers, they would have forced Florida's defense to make mistakes and caused a lot more scoring chances. I am not a huge fan of dumping and chasing, but sometimes you have to do it.

Hopeless, I think that strategy can be effective next time they play Florida. I don't know that it would have helped in this game as there were very few Sabres that seemed to have the legs to outskate the D to the puck if they were to dump it in.

It seems that one team or the other parties waaaay too much on NYE (usually the Sabres) and the game tends to be dull like this one or a blow out like Anaheim in '99 (bad) or TO in '00 (good).

Maybe I'm naive, but I would hope players don't go out and party the night before a game. You'd think the professional athlete, in general, is a person with a lot more discipline than the average Joe and with much more awareness and concern about how alcohol affects health, not to mention their performance within 18 hours. Maybe it happens, a guy here a guy there, but enough of the team to explain their listless performance? I don't think so. As for the road team on a business trip per se, do they really hit the Chip Strip the night before a New Year's Day game? Why am I thinking they don't. Am I naive? I think I'm naive.