OT- Thursday Night Football

Two or less

is anyone else pissed off that they can't watch Denver vs. Kansas City tonight because it's on the NFL Network? I have Time Warner cable in Rochester and we don't get that channel... and i can't see that game and it should be a pretty good one. WTF... idk maybe it's jus me but i'm kinda mad, who cares about Detriot/Miami or Tampa/Dallas????

i agree, and do to this i will be switching to directv in the next month and maybe they will have msg hd also!

Thank god for NHL center ice so i can atleast watch Nashville vs. Colorado. lol

Speaking of which, how in the world did Versus not do everything in their powers to put this game on versus? NO Nba to compete against and no NFL on basic channels. Weak IMO.

is anyone else pissed off that they can't watch Denver vs. Kansas City tonight because it's on the NFL Network? I have Time Warner cable in Rochester and we don't get that channel... and i can't see that game and it should be a pretty good one. WTF... idk maybe it's jus me but i'm kinda mad, who cares about Detriot/Miami or Tampa/Dallas????

isn't it on ESPN?

I would have been pissed, but I saw enough commercials during the day games. I'm pretty sure that I missed about ten minutes of football tonight (in a field of three hours of commercials) but I'm somehow not upset.

That's one of the many great things about hockey, I guess. It's action and not ads.

(This post was brought to you by Target, Korbel, Hummer, XBox360, MasterCard, Coors Light, Kia, JCPenney, Campbell's, and some movie that probably isn't very good.)

i agree, and do to this i will be switching to directv in the next month and maybe they will have msg hd also!

Caveat Emptor

I have DirecTV and have had it for many years. DirecTV only provides a handful of channels in HD and MSG is not one of them. They really irrate me on this score. They make HD service seem special and then charge you 10 a month to get six or so channels. They give you two ESPN (good for MNF), TNT, Discovery, HD NET and I'm probably missing one.

If you want the NFL in HD, be prepared to shell out 100 more per season, grrrr

I do like the service but get annoyed that all signal from a digital broadcast isn't povided in HD...

For those in the Buffalo area, not only has Time Warner deep-sixed the NFL Network, but their negotiaions with WUTV Fox 29 (and another station I can't recall right now) are not going well. That means next year, no football on Fox, not to mention The Simpsons, House, Bones, et al. So far, Time Warner has not impressed me at all. The screw-ups with MSG during a couple of hockey games and the thousands who were without cable for a week or more after the October storm (I was one of them) all have me pricing satellite deals. (The "apology" being aired now about the response to the storm is another example. The dude looks stiff, uninterested and he is reading his lines off a Teleprompter very unconvincingly).

While we are ranting about Time-Warner, and their problems with Fox affiliates, does anyone know if there are any plans to bring an HD Fox channel to Rochester? I'm really getting annoyed with Time Warner's "we are greate for the NFL" commercial they are running right now. You have no Fox HD feed, you have no NFL Network, and even though they can't help it, they have no chance of getting Sunday Ticket any time soon.

Unfortunately, our house backs up to the woods and the south side of our house has hill going up it full of tall trees, so we have no shot of getting a satellite signal where we are. Time Warner is the only game in town, and it ain't much of a game.

And, lastly does anyone know if there are special agreements with HD-Net and INHD so that Sabres games are blacked out on that channel if the game is already scheduled on MSG? It happened earlier this season where the Sabres were scheduled for HD Net, and the game was taken off. So, no HD feeds of Sabres hockey, ever?

Archived