This Day in Sabres History

PASabreFan

I can post these right through the end of March if people want. Let me know. Thumbs up or thumbs down?

Actually, I did these a few years ago for October through March. If someone wants to pick it up and update it for events in this decade, that would be great. April, May and June would be fun, too.

---

December 31, 1973

Current Sabres' broadcaster Jim Lorentz has a hat trick in a 6-5 Buffalo win in Detroit.

December 31, 1979

Current Sabres' broadcaster Danny Gare scores three goals on Winnipeg Jet netminder Lindsay Middlebrook in a 6-2 Sabres' win at the Aud.

December 31, 1987

The Sabres trade Paul Cyr and a 10th-round draft choice to the New York Rangers for Mike Donnelly and a fifth-round draft choice that turns into Alexander Mogilny.

December 31, 1992

Both Alexander Mogilny and Yuri Khmylev tally hat tricks in an 11-6 toasting of the Rangers at the Aud.

December 31, 1997

Dominik Hasek ties an NHL record for most shutouts in a month with his sixth of December, a 3-0 blanking of the Ottawa Senators at Marine Midland Arena. The Dominator stops all 36 Senator shots.

I just picked mine up last night...

All of the early 90's stuff is great - Lafontaine, Mogilny, Hawerchuk etc...That's when i first started going to games on my own, having a few pops at the Aud,etc...

I was pissed at the Mayday portion...the best part of the call is " how do you spell second round"... they cut it too short...oh well

The Sabres should wake up and realize there is a market for anything old or blue and gold...a dvd would be a no brainer...

I just picked mine up last night...

All of the early 90's stuff is great - Lafontaine, Mogilny, Hawerchuk etc...That's when i first started going to games on my own, having a few pops at the Aud,etc...

I was pissed at the Mayday portion...the best part of the call is " how do you spell second round"... they cut it too short...oh well

The Sabres should wake up and realize there is a market for anything old or blue and gold...a dvd would be a no brainer...

i think they have a large amount of blue and gold merchandise... almost anything you can get in red and black you can get in blue and gold... some of the arena merchandise booths are dedicated stricktly to blue and gold merchandise actually... i think they've recognized it pretty well... just some of it is expensive because its part of the 'vintage nhl' line. they tag 20 bucks more onto a jersey because of a brand line.