Dunno if this has been discussed yet, but..

Enforcer Kelley

Here in the Finger Lakes region (Wayne County).. almost all games are carried by MSG.. anyone else having issues with their telecasts of the Sabres games? I've had problems with everything from a choppy picture, to almost slow-motion viewing (think lag, on a game requiring alot of memory, and you're only running 256mb) to MSG just bouncing to another program for as long as 5 mins. I love listening to RJ, but it's almost gotten to the point where I'd rather watch the games on Versus. :blink:

Here in the Finger Lakes region (Wayne County).. almost all games are carried by MSG.. anyone else having issues with their telecasts of the Sabres games? I've had problems with everything from a choppy picture, to almost slow-motion viewing (think lag, on a game requiring alot of memory, and you're only running 256mb) to MSG just bouncing to another program for as long as 5 mins. I love listening to RJ, but it's almost gotten to the point where I'd rather watch the games on Versus. :blink:

I am in Geneseo and we have the same problems. In Buffalo they cut to comercial for one of the sabres goals against Carolina. They need to get their #%^$#! togethor, becuase it is pretty pathetic. I don't know though if it is MSG to blame or Time Warner. As far as I am concerned both entities suck really bad.

Sometimes, say when the puck is sent back to the point, the point man is off my screen. Anyone else getting that? Yeah that'll make you scratch your eyeballs out.

I also hate the graphics that cover up a good part of the screen during play.

Or when somebody makes a pass and they stay on the person who made the pass, not who it went to

Sometimes, say when the puck is sent back to the point, the point man is off my screen. Anyone else getting that? Yeah that'll make you scratch your eyeballs out.

I also hate the graphics that cover up a good part of the screen during play.

I've noticed that a few times too. I don't remember if it was a game on MSG, but there was a play where someone scored in the slot and the camera missed the shot and the goal. The puck was off screen, and the camera man panned to the shooter after the shot, and completely missed the goal.

I was screaming at the screen during the Canes game, everytime the play entered the zone, the cameraman would zoom in or REALLY FAR OUT. To the point where I felt I was sitting in the oranges at the Aud. Ridiculous. It was as bad as when OLN took over broadcasts early last season. I thought they took the cameramen from the Tour de France and made them do hockey.

It's been pretty bad. Time Warner's been getting a lot of the crap about Knicks broadcasts and inopportune commercials, but it's all MSG when it comes to the poor coverage.

Um yeah im in Buffalo and it's a horrible picture....

I wish MSG HD was in our area...

Even if it was MSG wouldnt put Buffalo games in HD. They would put the go new york go, and the 50 greatest moments commercials in HD then switch to regular cameras for the game.

Man I wish Empire was still around.

It's not MSG. I've got Center Ice down here in Tampa and whenever I get the MSG feed, it's pretty good. The only complaint I have is the commercials come on blasting loud.

I saw all the goals the other night!

the variation in the loudness tonight was absurd. Thank God for the TiVo 30sec skip or I would have worn out my volume control.

It always bugs me when people comment that hockey doesn't translate well on TV, because people loose sight of the puck too often. To me, it's never been an issue of not seeing the puck, but rather having too many crappy cameramen and producers. Watch a game on CBC, and do you ever run into any of these problems that have been listed above?

All the above gripes are completely legit too! I can't stand the way some cameramen zoom so far out, and it's pathetic how many times cameramen are just too slow to catch up with passes. I'm not saying they should be perfect, but they can do alot better.

As for Empire...I pray every night that somehow they put a new WNY Sports network together that covers the Sabres. Even if it was called MSG West or something goofy.

Archived