We Need Connolly!

FearTheReaper

We really need him on the ice.Hes that kinda player who could have broke this game open with a highlight reel play.i believe Connolly is the best player on our team and he is a couple years away from reaching his maximum potenial,if he was playing he would hve at least 20 points.Hes a huge aspect to our success and he adds so much more than just offense,he could add a whole new dimentional to our penalty kill,and oh god the power play were talkin 30 points just on the power play.Does any one know anything about his return and recover? I heard maybe janurary but i think we sould let him take his time,hes more of a playoff contributor.

NO WAY WE LOST OHH MAN I DINT KNOW DAMN,I MEAN OH #%^$#! I CANT BELEIVE THE BILLS DIDNT BEAT HTE LEAFS.I QUESS FAIR WEATHER FANS LIKE ME SOULD JUST DIE,but really you guys are stupid we needed connolly ever since may #%^$#!ing 9th 2006,i thought maybe some true fans would recknonize that connolly is a big part to this team but i quess not.

NO WAY WE LOST OHH MAN I DINT KNOW DAMN,I MEAN OH #%^$#! I CANT BELEIVE THE BILLS DIDNT BEAT HTE LEAFS.I QUESS FAIR WEATHER FANS LIKE ME SOULD JUST DIE,but really you guys are stupid we needed connolly ever since may #%^$#!ing 9th 2006,i thought maybe some true fans would recknonize that connolly is a big part to this team but i quess not.

Connolly was a big part of our team last year. But has zero to do with our 11-1-1 Sabres. He hasn't played, and we are just fine. We're 11-1-1 for fvck sake.

Connolly was a big part of our team last year. But has zero to do with our 11-1-1 Sabres. He hasn't played, and we are just fine. We're 11-1-1 for fvck sake.

Connolly would own the stat sheet right now and i know he has #%^$#! to do with us being 11-1-1,but did you ever stop and think that we all those games we won were based on a desire from everyone to prove that they belong in this league? Ya know a couple more games like these and come december when 90 perecent of the fans are like we need a spark you will remember this thread (im drunk and angry plusi love skilled hockey competition)

Connolly would own the stat sheet right now and i know he has #%^$#! to do with us being 11-1-1,but did you ever stop and think that we all those games we won were based on a desire from everyone to prove that they belong in this league? Ya know a couple more games like these and come december when 90 perecent of the fans are like we need a spark you will remember this thread (im drunk and angry plusi love skilled hockey competition)

Don't drink and post... nothing good can come of it...

Im sorry i know i sould nt i just really wish connolly had a equal oppurtunity as the rest of the players to prove how gret he is.Its not fair ,he was on track for a 100 plus point season and then boom no more.Its horibble and depressing

He had 55 points in 63 games last year, not quite on track for a 100+ point season.... but close

Im sorry i know i sould nt i just really wish connolly had a equal oppurtunity as the rest of the players to prove how gret he is.Its not fair ,he was on track for a 100 plus point season and then boom no more.Its horibble and depressing

I know I'll regret joining this thread, but what? He was on pace for 100-pt season? When? He had 55 points in 63 games last year; unless he was going on a Gretzky-esque tear for those last 19 games, he doesn't sniff 100 points.

Nevermind that - let's have another beer, forget about tonight's game, and look forward to kicking the snot out of the Rangers tomorrow... :beer:

How can you guys say connonlly cannot get 100 plus points?his ability is soo profound he is all arounf graet come on

I don't think that was the point of what they were saying. The point is that he wasn't on pace for it, and even without his presence we still have the best record in the league. It would be great to see him on the ice, but i don't want to see him end up like patty lafontaine (nor does sabres mngmnt), even in the moderately buzzed state that i am in, i am rational enough to realize that you can't go 82-0-0 and you should be too... much easier for football for 16-0, which is still only been done once ( :sick: too bad it was a team from north cuba, errr south florida)

Tim....it isn't safe to drink massive amounts of alcohol when recovering from post concussive disorder. I suggest you go make yourself a nice soothing cup of hot milk, pop in the Season 1 DVD of Entourage, and then go nighty night. We're all rooting for you buddy. It will be great to see you in uniform again.

Tim....it isn't safe to drink massive amounts of alcohol when recovering from post concussive disorder. I suggest you go make yourself a nice soothing cup of hot milk, pop in the Season 1 DVD of Entourage, and then go nighty night. We're all rooting for you buddy. It will be great to see you in uniform again.

amen to that

I think Connolly's going the way of Pat LaFontaine as in career over. Multiple concussions are never good. At best he'll be marginalized (see E. Lindros).

he'll come back, and it will be one innocent hit (or cheap shot, ala lafontaine) away from retirement. if he's not better by the end of this year, you buy him out and cut your losses, and look like a genius when he retires with another team.

I wish tim the best of luck and a speedy recovery but he shouldn't push it because like you guys said,all it takes is a tucker cheap shot and boom hes done forever. I think if connolly does recover completly he will play a bigger role than you guys think. The chances of briere stayin here are very slim this year ,connolly and briere have never really played together for longer than 3 months so noone really can notice the full force of the team. If briere is gone after this season then connolly can replace his role on the team. They both play the same stlye and this could save us money. i think that would work perfectly but its a crazy situation.

We really need him on the ice.Hes that kinda player who could have broke this game open with a highlight reel play.i believe Connolly is the best player on our team and he is a couple years away from reaching his maximum potenial,if he was playing he would hve at least 20 points.Hes a huge aspect to our success and he adds so much more than just offense,he could add a whole new dimentional to our penalty kill,and oh god the power play were talkin 30 points just on the power play.Does any one know anything about his return and recover? I heard maybe janurary but i think we sould let him take his time,hes more of a playoff contributor.

So what is it you want...Connolly to come back ASAP or let him get healthy and possibly come back for the playoffs? :doh:

So what is it you want...Connolly to come back ASAP or let him get healthy and possibly come back for the playoffs? :doh:

I want him to take his time coming back. If he comes back as soon as he's cleared to play, he's not going to look how he did last year. One of the big reasons he was so good last year was his off season conditioning.

come on, one effen L in regulation and we NEED CONNOLLY... please.

:bag:

This team has been playing like hell the last 3 games. Losing Max is going to make this a one line team. Teams will shut down the Briere line and we will need offense out of the Drury line or whatever line they make out of Vanek and Roy. Thomas and Derek have yet to show they can put up numbers without Max and Chris points have come mostly on the PP.

I see this team going through a REAL rough stretch, especially with all the games being bunched up like this. Afinogenov was the team MVP and losing him will affect the Sabres like any team losing their MVP. Right now we need Briere to play like the $$$ we are paying him and the same can be said for Drury, Kotalik and a host of others that got big offseason raises.

The good news is that we may have one of the best leaders in professional sports as our captain and a coach that knows how to push some buttons. Buffalo could be in for a tough few weeks but in the end I think it will work out alright. This team learned a lot about itself last year with early season injuries, and some guys like Pominville, Roy, and Campbell stepped up. Now it's time for guys like Novotny, Paetsch, and Paille to step up.

he'll come back, and it will be one innocent hit (or cheap shot, ala lafontaine) away from retirement. if he's not better by the end of this year, you buy him out and cut your losses, and look like a genius when he retires with another team.

Francois Leroux... :censored:

This team has been playing like hell the last 3 games. Losing Max is going to make this a one line team. Teams will shut down the Briere line and we will need offense out of the Drury line or whatever line they make out of Vanek and Roy. Thomas and Derek have yet to show they can put up numbers without Max and Chris points have come mostly on the PP.

I don't think it's quite that bad, although the one player I am concerned with is Roy. I just feel like he's been mostly ineffective so far, with and without Max. Vanek I am not concerned with - he is showing me signs that he is getting it, and he is probably one of the top 3 offensive players on the team - he doesn't need Max to get his points.

I see this team going through a REAL rough stretch, especially with all the games being bunched up like this. Afinogenov was the team MVP and losing him will affect the Sabres like any team losing their MVP. Right now we need Briere to play like the $$$ we are paying him and the same can be said for Drury, Kotalik and a host of others that got big offseason raises.

The good news is that we may have one of the best leaders in professional sports as our captain and a coach that knows how to push some buttons. Buffalo could be in for a tough few weeks but in the end I think it will work out alright. This team learned a lot about itself last year with early season injuries, and some guys like Pominville, Roy, and Campbell stepped up. Now it's time for guys like Novotny, Paetsch, and Paille to step up.

If the team goes through a rough patch, which I think is more than possible, I don't think it will be Lindy who pulls them out of it. Ultimately the team's veteran leadership will have to help right the ship - guys like Drury & Teppo. That is the one area I think this team is lacking - is a couple grizzled vets in the locker room. Despite the team's long playoff run last year, it's still a very young team, and I think they would benefit from a veteran player who's been around the block. All that being said, we are tight against the cap and there aren't many players I would take off the team or off the ice to bring in someone like that.

Archived