THANK YOU SABRES !!!!!

Hawk

What player kept the team on the ice after the game? Someone was brilliant enough to block the bench door and have the team take a bow. Smart man who did that.

I talked to an old friend tonight and he said he was #430 on the waiting list for season tickets next year. This team and city is in one giant right now.

What player kept the team on the ice after the game? Someone was brilliant enough to block the bench door and have the team take a bow. Smart man who did that.

Is that what happened? Or did the players going into the locker room heard all the Sabres chants and realized that everyone was still in the arena and decided to just come back on?

The fans were screaming, but the team never left the ice. Someone blocked the bench, got them in a huddle for 20 seconds or so until Atlanta left the ice, then they circled. It was appropriate, and a smart move. They sort of were saying thank you to the fans...and maybe a little "we're sorry for not sealing the deal".

Side note...the $20 autograph pucks for charity that the Sabres' wives were selling didn't make it to 6PM. There were 200 or so in line and not enough pucks to make it that far. Too bad they didn't have more on hand, because this city would have handed over a half a million tonight.

It was an awesome sight tonight at the arena. The place was on its feet for the last 2 1/2 minutes of regulation, then there were chants for the entire overtime and the shoot out. I thought it was a great move to come out and acknowledge the crowd. The 200 level looked empty by that time but the rest of the arena was still there cheering

I was really proud to be a fan tongiht until I was about to go down the stairs to the front of the arena and 2 girls behind me were going on about how they would beat up anyone wearing a thrashers jersey. Atlanta played a very good game, and at times looked like they deserved to win becuase at time the Sabres looked BAD.

This was definitly a good thing though, as they now lose the destraction of the streak and can now just focus on playing and winning the cup

This was definitly a good thing though, as they now lose the destraction of the streak and can now just focus on playing and winning the cup

I agree. There is such a thing as having too much of a good thing.

BTW, the guys on ESPNews had the gall to bring up that all the teams that had hot streaks to start the season never won the Cup. Quote:"History is not on the side of those teams". The 93-94 Leafs were proof of this. However, IMHO, someone could always come along and put a stop to that. Could it be our beloved Sabres this time?

I agree. There is such a thing as having too much of a good thing.

BTW, the guys on ESPNews had the gall to bring up that all the teams that had hot streaks to start the season never won the Cup. Quote:"History is not on the side of those teams". The 93-94 Leafs were proof of this. However, IMHO, someone could always come along and put a stop to that. Could it be our beloved Sabres this time?

The '93-'94 Loafs' start was a fluke. They should not be used as a model or representative of anything. The team went 10 games over 0.500 over its 1st 10 games and were a grand total of 4 games over 0.500 the next 74 games. Although they did end up in the Semis that year, it was a VERY ordinary team.

The fans were screaming, but the team never left the ice. Someone blocked the bench, got them in a huddle for 20 seconds or so until Atlanta left the ice, then they circled. It was appropriate, and a smart move. They sort of were saying thank you to the fans...and maybe a little "we're sorry for not sealing the deal".

Does anyone have a picture?

Does anyone have a picture?

Only in my mind

I remember standing and applauding while watching all the guys standing near the entrance to the locker room Biron going directly over to Miller and the 2 of them talking and then after Atlanta left the ice, they all skated to centre ice, raised their sticks and left.

Only in my mind

I remember standing and applauding while watching all the guys standing near the entrance to the locker room Biron going directly over to Miller and the 2 of them talking and then after Atlanta left the ice, they all skated to centre ice, raised their sticks and left.

And if you watched closely, you could see Vanek throw a fit when he was first down the tunnel. He wanted that shootout goal badly. Good to see some passion from him!

I didn't get to see that only because I was right behind the Atlanta Bench at centre ice.

Nice to see some emotion from him considering during regulation it seemed like he only gave 100% when it cam to skating on and off the bench. Otherwise it seemed like he was just out there to collect the check. For a little while I thought I was watching Satan v2.0

Archived