GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Is it me, or did Lehtonen get away with knocking his own net off when Buffalo was buzzing all around and he was on his back? He got up, pushed it off and waved for the referee to note it was off to blow the play dead.

Yeah you saw it right, to bad you aren't wearing a striped Jersey.......... B-)

Pommer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yea i was listening to it on the radio... was a great game... i was there for a few minutes at the HSBC too... was looking for a slug jersey of any sort... got a white one... but i could hear the crowd easlily from the store... they were roudy...

i was hoping that we'd win tonight, but it was just not to be... Right from the getgo, the bounces weren't going our way... But the hockey gods had our backs, for that goal that was scored on the "offsides" was not going to be the GWG. hell, we didn't even lose this game. 10-0-1 with 21 points heading into november is downright perfect. Time to reset, and use the 5 days to focus on boston.

i was hoping that we'd win tonight, but it was just not to be... Right from the getgo, the bounces weren't going our way... But the hockey gods had our backs, for that goal that was scored on the "offsides" was not going to be the GWG. hell, we didn't even lose this game. 10-0-1 with 21 points heading into november is downright perfect. Time to reset, and use the 5 days to focus on boston.

Man, that was just it. For as many bounces as we had go against us, we still managed a point. If this is what it takes to "beat" us, then I'm not complaining. You are going to have nights like this where you can't really buy a break, and even so, we put up 4 goals, forced a shootout, and still got a point. I'm glad the talk of this record is done, and hopefully they can get that out of their system. The fact that the Amerks lost to a winless Syracuse team last night was definitely a bad harbinger.

A few observations:

1. Atlanta is either the 2nd or 3rd best team in the East (fighting it out with Carolina). They have speed, opportunistic scoring and really good goaltending. Sound familiar? They also have strong veteran leadership in Mellanby and Holik.

2. I hate to say it, but this was Miller's worst game of the season. He made some big saves but Atlanta's 3rd and 4th goals were both softies and momentum-killers.

3. I thought Briere was the best Sabre tonight.

4. Pominville is always in the right place. He missed a couple of good opportunities -- but he was in the right spot to create the opportunities. He just didn't convert those -- but he did put in a goal and 2 assists.

5. The transition game wasn't nearly as crisp without Tallinder and the resulting shuffle of the defense pairings. No game until thurs., so lots of time to practice.

6. Roy and Hecht both gutted it up and didn't appear hampered by their injuries.

7. All in all that was a pretty exciting game. It was just so GD deflating -- every time we scored, they'd come right back within a minute or 2 to retake the lead.

8. Still -- we don't quit. What a great effort to tie it up. And the OT was thrilling.

Go Sabres.

A few observations:

2. I hate to say it, but this was Miller's worst game of the season. He made some big saves but Atlanta's 3rd and 4th goals were both softies and momentum-killers.

Go Sabres.

I think they were weird goals and not really Miller's fault............Bad bounces screens and some bad defensive zone coverage or lack of it in many cases.