Jagr's Comments

bob_sauve28

Still, there's little disputing the Sabres are the best team in the league. New York Rangers winger Jaromir Jagr, who compared the Sabres to a Ferrari after a 7-4 thrashing earlier this season, continued gushing about Buffalo this week. He believes the Sabres have revolutionized today's game.

"Buffalo's a perfect example," Jagr told Newsday. "They've got a great system. . . . If they play like that, they're going to win 80 games. Just like New Jersey brought in the trap 10 years ago, or however many years ago, Buffalo brought something else. They changed the league. They play totally different."

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20061...?tbd1009505.asp

Quite the compliment!

no jaromir, you can't come here at the trade deadline.

Hey, I am not sure of his contract situation, but if he was a late season rental, anything that could get us that cup I would welcome to the powerplay, LOL, but pretty damn sure that would never happen........ B-)

I wouldn't want him anywhere near a Buffalo jersey!!! he's a baby and a total a$$hole.

he could never play for Lindy or for this team... he takes shifts off and doesn't give 100% all the time, this team wouldn't stand for that.

he has matured in the last two years (attitude and play) but I still don't want him.

I've never liked him.... When he was 19 in pittsburgh, he would get caught drunk driving and get a slap on the wrist and have to do those public service announcements against drinking and driving... and everyone thought he was a "good guy" for doing that... meanwhile he got caught like 4 times before he was even 21.

I wouldn't want him anywhere near a Buffalo jersey!!! he's a baby and a total a$$hole.

he could never play for Lindy or for this team... he takes shifts off and doesn't give 100% all the time, this team wouldn't stand for that.

he has matured in the last two years (attitude and play) but I still don't want him.

I've never liked him.... When he was 19 in pittsburgh, he would get caught drunk driving and get a slap on the wrist and have to do those public service announcements against drinking and driving... and everyone thought he was a "good guy" for doing that... meanwhile he got caught like 4 times before he was even 21.

Much agreed!!! He would be a major disruption to the team's chemistry. Throw in a selfish "big name" to a no-name team-first team, and chaos would ensue. Darcy's way too smart for that.

BTW, does anyone in the Sabres' Front Office ever come by here to read some of these posts?

BTW, does anyone in the Sabres' Front Office ever come by here to read some of these posts?

I'm not sure about the front office, but since the whole anti-slug movement really started here (Islug was leaked here) I'm pretty sure they have people checking in, or just checking in at work like you and I do.

what could we possibly say that they need to hear?

Now the media, the media checks here, this I can assure you almost 100%..

There's been several times on TV, and in print, where we'll start talking about something and it'll get pretty big and good debate and then a few days later I'll start seeing it pop up in articles and they'll talk about it during the broadcast.

And yeah, this board spearheaded the anti-slug movement.

I agree for the most part about Jagr, he seems to be a baby and whiner.....but....

I think the guy is not selfish. I think he's the kind of guy who loses his spirit easily. If he thinks the team is going nowhere, he can't turn it around. He's not a leader. On the other hand, if the rest of the team is doing well, he's right at the forefront, showcasing his amazing ability.

You can tell by his comments that he would love to play on a team like this. Tell you what, I think he'd have a great attitude on this team. his salary would never allow it anyway, even as a trade deadline deal. Besides, the Sabres are a team built on sharing ice-time, a guy like Jagr needs more minutes.

I agree for the most part about Jagr, he seems to be a baby and whiner.....but....

I think the guy is not selfish. I think he's the kind of guy who loses his spirit easily. If he thinks the team is going nowhere, he can't turn it around. He's not a leader. On the other hand, if the rest of the team is doing well, he's right at the forefront, showcasing his amazing ability.

You can tell by his comments that he would love to play on a team like this. Tell you what, I think he'd have a great attitude on this team. his salary would never allow it anyway, even as a trade deadline deal. Besides, the Sabres are a team built on sharing ice-time, a guy like Jagr needs more minutes.

Curiously enough, I agree with the sentiment that he could be an asset to a team like this. I say curiously, because I have never and never will be a fan of Jagr.

I think the guy's problem is that he's just TOO talented, and thus when the chips are down, everyone's looking to him. But the problem as Rabbit151 stated is that he's not a leader. He's not a go-to guy.

IMHO, Jagr needs to be a no. 2 or no. 3 guy to be most effective. He doesn't cope well with responsibility I think, which is of course quite a flaw in a player with his talent.

On this team there are no stars. Next season, Briere will be a star somewhere else than here, but right now, right here - he is NOT a star, simply because he chooses not to be.

If Jagr made a similar choice, then yes I think he would be a tremendous asset to a team like this. Would I like to see it happen though? Not a snowball's chance in hell.

Still, there's little disputing the Sabres are the best team in the league. New York Rangers winger Jaromir Jagr, who compared the Sabres to a Ferrari after a 7-4 thrashing earlier this season, continued gushing about Buffalo this week. He believes the Sabres have revolutionized today's game.

"Buffalo's a perfect example," Jagr told Newsday. "They've got a great system. . . . If they play like that, they're going to win 80 games. Just like New Jersey brought in the trap 10 years ago, or however many years ago, Buffalo brought something else. They changed the league. They play totally different."

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20061...?tbd1009505.asp

Quite the compliment!

What the Sabres have "changed", is they rely on Home Grown Talent.. not buying up expensive, over-the-hill Free Agents, a la the Rangers of recent memory.. See: Jagr, Lindros, Nedved, Fluery, etc.. and, it's not all the Sabres.. the NHL, thanks to a salary cap, have instituted a need for young players to get ice time, because almost no team can afford to give 20+ mins a night to guys making 7+ mil. a season and who's best seasons were 4-5 yrs ago.. Without those guys clinging on to the latter half of their careers, we actually got to see that some of these young kids can play.. and play with speed, desire and attitude.. (Not just "Vetern Savvy".. read: clutching and grabbing)

Enforcer Kelley

Archived