Only Winning The Cup Will Make This

bob_sauve28

Last season the way it ended, the off season with its signings and now the start here. Really, if they don't win I think it will be a let down. Hate to sound like a Yankee fan, but if we don't win it this year, then when??? I'm ALMOST feeling like the regular season is in the way of our playoff run. But building a great record will be nice if they do it.

Some people are already making compasrisons to the Bills of 1990-1991 and the fast starts they got off to. Ok, maybe, but I always felt those teams could not stop the run. They seemed flawed to me. But this team seems like the best team in the league to me. I really think they are the best. So not winning it all would be a real let down.

The only problem is you can't win a Cup in Oct.

It just can't be done.

Until the playoffs it is one game at a time.

Once you are in the playoffs, it is one playoff game at a time.

Vegas odds would say that this team will not win the Stanley Cup.

But they stand a decent chance.

There will be some bad times this season as there are in every season.

But when a pitcher in baseball is pitching a no-hitter - you don't talk to him.

So far we are pitching a no hitter this season - so you shouldn't mention the C word.

No good can come of it in Oct.

X, you're half-right - you can't win a Cup in October, but you can go a long way toward losing it. Points pissed away in October - November can come back and bite you on the ass in a playoff run, costing some teams a chance to get in and others a chance at home ice. That's why I love Drury's approach to the season (see my sig) -- to not waste any points at all.

I'd also urge you to enjoy the ride, because this team is going to be incredibly fun to watch in all phases of the game. I also think they're gonna bring it just about every night. I didn't think this was possible but I think they are better, hungrier, and more relentless than last year. Miller might also be better, and he was pretty GD good last year.

Playoffs? Who said anything about playoffs? We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

I'd also urge you to enjoy the ride, because this team is going to be incredibly fun to watch in all phases of the game. I also think they're gonna bring it just about every night. I didn't think this was possible but I think they are better, hungrier, and more relentless than last year. Miller might also be better, and he was pretty GD good last year.

Playoffs? Who said anything about playoffs? We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Amen. I'm having so much fun watching this team NOW. In June, hopefully I'm still having fun. If not, well, I had fun in October.

Just the feeling of knowing we have a chance is great. The fact that 18,000+ marched through the aftermath of a terrible storm, in October, is a sign of how far this team has come.

I have no idea how this ride will end. So I will just sit back and enjoy it. ;)

Also,

Peters Sucks :lol:

As quoted by Harvey Keitel in Pulp Fiction, "Let's not start sucking each other's d*cks just yet, gentlemen."

My point being, I want the Sabres to have the best record in the league at the end of this month. When November gets here, then I'll set some new expectations.

Peace out

I hate threads like this. Honestly. It's really, really hard to win the Stanley Cup and takes a ton of luck. We were close last year and with some luck will be in the same position at the end of the regular season.

To say this season won't be successful without the Cup is ridiculous.

I could not agree more. Besides, I am old enough to remember 1975... when it looked like a Cup was right around the corner. Then came the Islanders.... *shudder*

For you younguns, think about this: In October 1975, the Bills were 4-0, the Sabres started 8-0, and the Braves were up and coming. Each team boasted the most exciting offensive player in their respective leagues.... Sigh.

Archived