Rick Jeanneret highlight CD...

LabattBlue

Its gonna be a great CD... ill definatly be picking one up... i hope there still around by Febuary 2nd when i goto see the flyers... i heard all mediaplex locations were closing soon... maybe not... but wasn't that one of the locations they were selling the cd?

My cd is on the way in the mail. I can't wait, BUT, speaking of dating yourself, while Rick is the best around, he'll never replace Ted Darling in my book. "The puck is into the stands, where a young lad from Waterloo has a new souvenier to take home"

I agree. Ted was great. What a shame we still don't have him around. We should. I just always preferred Rick because, IMHO, his is the perfect voice for hockey. Ted and Rick were and are HOF broadcaster, but with a totally different style.

Speaking of Rick, I got the feeling in recent years he was always just about to retire. While it didn't really show up in his performance, I did detect a bit of boredom, or, worse, contrived excitement. But this year seems to have rejuvenated him. I think he even said earlier this season that if the games continue to be this exciting, he might do play by play until he's 90.

His call of Vanek's goal last night was more like the Jeanneret of old. He didn't prolong his "score" call and wait until the horn started to tail off to launch into his description. The passion just overcame him. It was great to hear.

Donald Audette.

Give that man a Zdeno Ciger.

Here's a tougher one... After he scored an overtime goal in the playoffs, Rick said, "Yes, Virginia, there will be another game." Who was he and what was the situation?

I guess it really helps if a.) You're old. and b.) You had to listen to games on the radio.

Give that man a Zdeno Ciger.

Here's a tougher one... After he scored an overtime goal in the playoffs, Rick said, "Yes, Virginia, there will be another game." Who was he and what was the situation?

I guess it really helps if a.) You're old. and b.) You had to listen to games on the radio.

Not positive, but my guess is Rene Robert, Game 5, 1st Sabres road playoff win.

Archived