Pominville

hopeleslyobvious

Pominville is getting near the 10 game mark. Once he plays 10, he will have to clear waivers to be sent down to Rochester. He's obviously not going to clear. I think he should be here to stay.

There's no one that could take his place right now anyway. When Miller is activated, that will put the Sabres at the 23 player max. Peters is the 13th forward, so Pominville won't be losing any playing time to him. Pominville is here to stay until at least Feb/March, when/if Dumont and Pyatt return... unless something unexpected happens (ie. trade).

I'd rather have Pominville on this team than either Peters or Pyatt.

I'm willing to bet Darcy would too. Maybe not Pyatt though. He actually turned his game on right before he broke his wrist. Anyway, luckily this is something they don't have to deal with for a while yet.

Pominville has been a nice surprise but like everyone said he's not going to clear waivers this time... so he's going to be here for a good while... theres no one to replace him with... dumont and pyatt are both gone for a considerable amount of time.

I can't believe sending Pominville down is even a consideration. Doesn't he clearly fill Dumont's spot? They all ready sent Thorburn down when Briere got close.

It's not a consideration. As I said earlier, when Miller is activated, no one needs to be sent down because the Sabres are currently one player under the roster max.

No way Peters stays over Pominville.  I have not seen much of Peters, but I did see the "fighter" get beat down twice in DC in a preseason game.  So who needs him, especially in the new NHL.

As long as Mair and Gaustad stay in the lineup, that's probably enough muscle for 95% of the games (along with Grier)..we can call up McMorrow or Thorburn when we play the Leafs..Unfortunately, I agree that Peters is a waste of a roster spot...I miss fighting, but we're playing so well, I can't complain...

As long as Mair and Gaustad stay in the lineup, that's probably enough muscle for 95% of the games (along with Grier)..we can call up McMorrow or Thorburn when we play the Leafs..Unfortunately, I agree that Peters is a waste of a roster spot...I miss fighting, but we're playing so well, I can't complain...

agreed... we have enough tough guys who can also play fairly well... Peters can't even fight properly anymore... waste of space.

Archived