VIDEOS: NY AT BUF And Armstrong Hit - ESPNews

SkateZilla

Wow, I just watched the highlights from last night's game on NHL.com, and I don't think I've seen them do a worse job editing the video clips. Four of the Sabres goal highlights cut off right after the puck entered the net - you couldn't even hear the announcer say goal or score; and there were random instant replays of non-scoring plays sprinkled into the scoring highlights. If I miss a game, I almost always go to NHL.com for the highlights, and this is a pretty poor job, IMO...

That was a late hit, and should be a suspension.

The puck was long gone.

There is finishing checks and there is taking liberties. I believe Armstrong could have easliy avoided that hit. Brutal.

Yea that's what I was thinking. It's interesting to see how biased some fans are; I'm in a discussion about it over at another message board and every single Penguins fan is calling it "completely clean." Anytime you blindside a guy and hit him from behind/to the side, especially when the puck is gone, its cheap IMO.

That was a late hit, and should be a suspension.

The puck was long gone.

There is finishing checks and there is taking liberties. I believe Armstrong could have easliy avoided that hit. Brutal.

Agreed. However, I bet there were a bunch of Philly fans who felt the same way when Soupy clocked RJ Umberger during the playoffs last season.

What Campbell did was clean. Armstrong should be getting a date with Colin Campbell really soon.

Ain't no way in hell that hit is clean, he clips him from behind at full speed with the puck miles away.

Two words - Bush.... League.....

Campbell's was hit clean as a bell, Umberger had the puck, and needed to keep his head up.

Letowski has gotten rid of the puck here ages ago.

Also, Campbell wasn't really moving very fast on the play, it was more of a case of standing Umberger up at his own blueline.

Armstrong on the other hand comes crashing, and almost ends up in the end boards afterwards.

Agreed. However, I bet there were a bunch of Philly fans who felt the same way when Soupy clocked RJ Umberger during the playoffs last season.

What Campbell did was clean. Armstrong should be getting a date with Colin Campbell really soon.

I am impartial in this one. The puck was 15 ft. away when he made contact.

Cheap and dangerous hit.

Armstrong should bbe suspended the puck was long gone, and he led with his stick, and the butt of the stick is what sliced letowski's head open,

then again, the league wont touch Poster boy crosby or his teammate,so they didnt suspend bertuzzi for ending Kubina's Year (yes i think he delibrately did it),

I re-watched that as that would be a pretty poor job by a sportcaster. What he said was, "...Sabres, down by 1..." At least that is what I heard.

Good call--that makes a lot more sense. Tinny little speakers on this computer, unfortunately.

Mmmmm...

I watched the hit several times and IMO I think Armstrong could have pulled up. Yes, you need to have your head on a swivel and Letowski was admiring his pass/watching the play develop, but I think it amounts to a young player trying to make an impression. Unless you have the puck or are protecting the puck with your body, you aren't prepped for hit coming from behind the play.I've looked at other boards and the Pens fans are blabbering about "finishing checks" (then again they still blame Cole for breaking his own neck) but those of you who have played the game know Armstrong could have eased up.

Armstrong should bbe suspended the puck was long gone, and he led with his stick, and the butt of the stick is what sliced letowski's head open,

then again, the league wont touch Poster boy crosby or his teammate,so they didnt suspend bertuzzi for ending Kubina's Year (yes i think he delibrately did it),

Bertuzzi did nothing deliberate to Kubina.

Archived