Peters?

deluca67

I sound like a Bills fan huh? I think you just have it out for Peters. He skated hard, and wasn't a liability out there last night. Saw more ice time than in the Carolina game.

I know you will keep pointing to the penalty, but IMHO it was just not a good call. They just ran into each other.

Besides this is moot. We would both like Paille out there, but the fact of the matter is putting Paille out there right now would bump the team over the salary cap.

Seeing your comments on Briere earlier in the summer, I am not losing any sleep over the fact that you disagree with me.

He played 6:25, made a stupid play that cost the Sabres the first goal. The guy didn't have the puck and Peters ran over him. If Peters had any skill he would be more in control on the ice. He got called because he made no attempt to avoid contact. He's a steroid fed bull on skates. And, as someone pointed out, he took Gaustad out of a play that led to a scoring chance. That's a lot of bad in only six minutes. ;)

He played 6:25, made a stupid play that cost the Sabres the first goal. The guy didn't have the puck and Peters ran over him. If Peters had any skill he would be more in control on the ice. He got called because he made no attempt to avoid contact. He's a steroid fed bull on skates. And, as someone pointed out, he took Gaustad out of a play that led to a scoring chance. That's a lot of bad in only six minutes. ;)

Hey, if you don't like the facts, just make up your own. We don't mind. They ran into each other. Neither one was looking. I think it's a bad call, others here agree, the TSN announcers agreed.

He played 6:25. Mair played roughly 2 minutes more.

Give the guy a chance. He worked hard this summer to make himself better. Besides, who would you put in the lineup instead at this point? You have to name someone who's salary keeps the team under the cap.

Hey, if you don't like the facts, just make up your own. We don't mind. They ran into each other. Neither one was looking. I think it's a bad call, others here agree, the TSN announcers agreed.

Give the guy a chance. He worked hard this summer to make himself better. Besides, who would you put in the lineup instead at this point? You have to name someone who's salary keeps the team under the cap.

Paetsch. If you are only going to play a forward three shifts for 1:30 why not toss an extra defensemen into the lineup? You saw tonight what Gaustad and Mair can do when given a actual hockey player to play with. They got the goal when Hecht was on the ice and they had good pressure when Kotalik was out there with them. You can work Paetsch in here and there. It would be a great way to give Numminen a rest. Maybe it would keep him fresh for the whole season. ;

Peters wasn't looking? Didn't he brace himself and that's why Begin took the worse of it? If you have a video of that I would sure like to see it again. ;)

Paetsch. If you are only going to play a forward three shifts for 1:30 why not toss an extra defensemen into the lineup? You saw tonight what Gaustad and Mair can do when given a actual hockey player to play with. They got the goal when Hecht was on the ice and they had good pressure when Kotalik was out there with them. You can work Paetsch in here and there. It would be a great way to give Numminen a rest. Maybe it would keep him fresh for the whole season. ;

Peters wasn't looking? Didn't he brace himself and that's why Begin took the worse of it? If you have a video of that I would sure like to see it again. ;)

He saw him at the last second, and all he could do is brace himself.

Numminen will likely be much more fresh this season than last. Sure he's a year older, but he doesn't have a tough Olympic schedule, into a crazy March schedule this year. That took a toll on a lot of guys who played in the Olympics, not just him.

Peters does everything he can for this club, that is why he is still on the team and is starting to be effective on the ice.

When he needed to be a big goon who's only role was to intimidate and beat on opposing players, he beefed up to over 250lbs and took boxing lessons.

When he needed to get quicker and better hands, he trained almost everyday over the summer to get faster and conditioned, and lost over 20 lbs in the process.

Now he needs to contribute on the ice. He drew a penalty last night, made a sweet pass to set up a great scoring chance by Mair, and wasn't drawn into a penalty when Neil fore-arm shivered him in the face behind the play.

This is not EA Sports NHL 2007, you can't have all superstars on your team; what you need is value guys that can perform. While Peters is still having problems with his footwork, I'm quite sure he is working on it and I think he will be playing 10 minutes a game by Christmas time if he keeps his head on straight. I really believe management gave Peters a chance because he is willing to do whatever it takes to stay in the league. I'm glad they signed him and I see him getting better.

Peters does everything he can for this club, that is why he is still on the team and is starting to be effective on the ice.

When he needed to be a big goon who's only role was to intimidate and beat on opposing players, he beefed up to over 250lbs and took boxing lessons.

When he needed to get quicker and better hands, he trained almost everyday over the summer to get faster and conditioned, and lost over 20 lbs in the process.

Now he needs to contribute on the ice. He drew a penalty last night, made a sweet pass to set up a great scoring chance by Mair, and wasn't drawn into a penalty when Neil fore-arm shivered him in the face behind the play.

This is not EA Sports NHL 2007, you can't have all superstars on your team; what you need is value guys that can perform. While Peters is still having problems with his footwork, I'm quite sure he is working on it and I think he will be playing 10 minutes a game by Christmas time if he keeps his head on straight. I really believe management gave Peters a chance because he is willing to do whatever it takes to stay in the league. I'm glad they signed him and I see him getting better.

Every player in the organIzation does. <_<

All the hard work he has done earned him 1:30 of ice time?

The 22nd man on any roster is not going to be a star. He should be someone with upside. A younger guy who is earning more time. You talk of "value guys"? Peters has no value. He gives the team nothing. I guess Ruff feels sorry for him or something. The fact is, he is stealing an NHL roster spot from a player that has actually earned one. It's a crime and a disgrace. :angry:

All the hard work he has done earned him 1:30 of ice time?

The 22nd man on any roster is not going to be a star. He should be someone with upside.

And in that 1:30 of ice time he was not terrible, so stop with your campaign of mis-information. I'm not sure why he only got 1:30 seconds of ice time, do you? And he has started every game so far, are you going to take that into account that Ruff, while still playing it safe, is at least confident to start him over Paille.

How can you say Peters has no upside? He is definately showing improvement from last season and has even shown moves in the preseason and regular season. Don't be a hater, because when you are, your showing that your really just angry with yourself and jealous that Peters is getting hockey groupie sex and your not. :D

And in that 1:30 of ice time he was not terrible, so stop with your campaign of mis-information. I'm not sure why he only got 1:30 seconds of ice time, do you? And he has started every game so far, are you going to take that into account that Ruff, while still playing it safe, is at least confident to start him over Paille.

How can you say Peters has no upside? He is definately showing improvement from last season and has even shown moves in the preseason and regular season. Don't be a hater, because when you are, your showing that your really just angry with yourself and jealous that Peters is getting hockey groupie sex and your not. :D

Actually, as has been noted in this thread and a couple others, the Sabres had no choice but to keep Peters over Paille. Paille makes $300K more than Peters in the NHL, and the Sabres are bumping up against the cap as it is. Paille gets sent down, his two-way contract drops his salary to mid-5 figures, and the Sabres wait to get relief on Timmy's injury.

The Sabres didn't "choose" to keep Peters over Paille - the salary cap dictated that they had few, if any, options until Timmy comes back or gets LT-IR'ed, or they make some sort of other move to free up some cap space.

I hope he was gentle with you :P

I agree.

I'm just saying he worked hard this summer. He's looked faster this year. Looked pretty decent on the forecheck and doesn't make a ton of money.

Maybe he juiced up again. All the 'roids in the world wont make him a hockey player. ;)

He looked "decent"? In 1:30 you can judge his forecheck? If he had a decent forecheck then he would have played more then 1:30.

I feel sorry for Mair and Gaustad. They have to skate with a slug on the front of the jersey and have to carry a slug on their backs. ;)

Maybe he juiced up again. All the 'roids in the world wont make him a hockey player. ;)

He looked "decent"? In 1:30 you can judge his forecheck? If he had a decent forecheck then he would have played more then 1:30.

I feel sorry for Mair and Gaustad. They have to skate with a slug on the front of the jersey and have to carry a slug on their backs. ;)

He skated 6:30 in the Montreal game, and about 1:30 in the other two games. That adds up to almost 10 minutes. I can judge his performance on 10:00 worth of ice time.

You're pretty quick to discount the work he's done this summer to drop 25 lbs. What's your workout routine consist of?

He skated 6:30 in the Montreal game, and about 1:30 in the other two games. That adds up to almost 10 minutes. I can judge his performance on 10:00 worth of ice time.

You're pretty quick to discount the work he's done this summer to drop 25 lbs. What's your workout routine consist of?

Not Andro-Juice! ;)

I think we should declare this dead horse properly beaten. ;)

I'll admit, Peters is not as fleet of foot as Soupy, or hell even Mair, hel even goose is faster than him, but he was a beast around the net the other night in Montreal. I remember in particular one play where he manhandled the defensemen crashing the net and drew a penalty because of it. I'm not going to sing his praises, but he is not a liability on the ice, and he works his ass off. Blue collar if I ever saw it.

I like the idea of rolling four lines. You can't do that with Peters in the lineup. If you could he would have played in the playoffs last year.

If he's not good enough to step foot on the ice in a playoff game, where you would think a physical force would be most important, why play him in the regular season. Why not give the spot to someone who may help you when you need it most, the playoffs. That's the part I really don't understand. The regular season is about getting ready for the playoffs. Why have a guy you don't plan to use then. ;)

I guess that it's a horrible decision to have Vanek in the lineup this year then. Talk about a waste. The guy makes stupid plays all the time that lead to goals. Of course, if we're going by your logic, the simple fact that Vanek "was not good enough to step foot on the ice" in the playoffs means that Ruff and Regier probably should either just cut him or sit him. It doesn't matter if he came to camp in better shape and worked out hard over the summer. He didn't play in the playoffs last year, and therefore shouldn't be playing in the regular season this year.

Ha!

I guess that it's a horrible decision to have Vanek in the lineup this year then. Talk about a waste. The guy makes stupid plays all the time that lead to goals. Of course, if we're going by your logic, the simple fact that Vanek "was not good enough to step foot on the ice" in the playoffs means that Ruff and Regier probably should either just cut him or sit him. It doesn't matter if he came to camp in better shape and worked out hard over the summer. He didn't play in the playoffs last year, and therefore shouldn't be playing in the regular season this year.

Ha!

Vanek didn't play in the playoffs? We are talking '05-'06 aren't we?

I could have sworn I saw him play in 6 games vs. the Phlyers, 2 vs. the Otters, and another 2 vs. the Canes. Heck, I even thought I saw him score a couple of goals. I guess I must be mistaken. (Where's the d'oh smiley when you really need it?)

Well said! :lol: :lol:

Archived